The IT Generalist will report into the Enterprise Service Delivery organization, which will partner with Division and Sector leadership and BRM to manage the day-to-day IT and Security needs of the business. This position will install and maintain the IT infrastructure requirements. The incumbent will have the ability to support desktop requirements (hardware/software) at the Kigre location in Hilton Head, will work with EBS IT Security staff to implement and maintain effective IT structure for network security and will ensure that Kigre meets all IT and Security requirements. This position will provide integration support for a newly acquired business unit of Technologies.
Hands-on Activities Include:
• Works tier two support tickets assigned to local IT from Helpdesk/ServiceNow
• Provides phone/voicemail support and troubleshooting desktop related IT issues.
• Provides remote support for off-site customers.
• Assists in maintaining corporate workstation asset records.
• Assists the team with server support (i.e. basic Active Directory functions like adding/removing computers, account resets).
• Assists the team with deployment of security related encryption software.
• Supports centralized monitoring of the event logs for servers, firewall and alerts.
• Supports the company’s SOX compliance reporting procedures and helps maintain documentation.
• Supports the company’s ISO quality system by assisting in the development of quality system documentation and follows internal processes to ensure proper conformance to established policies
PC Technical Support:
• Provides complex PC hardware/software setups, printer/fax and scanner support and repair.
• Installs desktop OS and application patches.
• Conducts PC software and hardware installation/upgrades, basic LAN troubleshooting, and infrastructure support (wiring, troubleshooting and connectivity).
• Follows standardized company network operating system procedures.
• Analyzes customer organizational needs and directs the resolution of a wide range of computer problems.
• Assists with computer and phone moves.
• Responsible for troubleshooting systems, researching, identifying and providing resolution that influences day-to-day corporate activities.
• Assists in the deployment of desktop-related software upgrades including but not limited to: Symantec EndPoint Protection, SEPM, SEP Firewall, SNAC, DEP, CheckPoint applications.
Technical Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required
• Experience with Help Desk software such as ServiceNow.
• Proficiency with Windows 7, 10 and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Understanding of Active Directory (GPO, OU, domains, etc.)
• Working knowledge of IT-related Help Desk software and software licensing databases.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Able to carry out as well as create complex technical instructions.
• Understanding of software contracts, upgrades paths, and license key.
• General understanding of overall system environment such as system maintenance, workstation support, Internet connectivity and security services, as well as specific supported software/applications.
• Experience supporting remotely located user community.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Flexibility and ability to handle multiple projects.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide-range, diverse user community and present ideas and solutions in a user-friendly language to team members and to non-technical staff and end-users.
• Excellent customer service skills; friendly demeanor.
• Able to multi-task and process requests accurately and quickly.
• Excellent organizational skills and time management skills.
• Effective problem-solving skills.
• Moderate level of repetitive motion activities.
• Visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information.
• Able to use a computer/keyboard and telephone for extended periods of time.
• Able to use office & test equipment and computers/peripherals, in a standard office & computer lab environment.
• May be required to lift/move up to 25 lbs, with assistance
• Fast paced, schedule-driven environment.
• Willing and able to work extended hours when necessary.
- Education – H.S. or equivalent.
- B.A./B.S. degree in computer-related discipline preferred.
- Experience – 5 years of related experience.
• Able to work weekends and evenings as required to meet company objectives.