CRG is recruiting for qualified candidates for a 1 year contract for an IT Help desk specialist. Candidates must have 1-4 years IT help desk experience and AAS Degree or BS Degree in IT and/or A+, Net+.
- Provide routine IT troubleshooting support on hardware/software for Mobile devices utilized by the organization.
- Troubleshoot wireless devices such as iphone, ipads, day scanners, and other wireless devices, help troubleshoot connectivity issues, software apps, etc.
- Candidate is responsible for taking initial telephone or e-mail inquiries and troubleshoot appropriately - documenting all calls through Remedy call management system.
- Manage relatively simple hardware, software, or network problems that can be resolved within 5 minutes.
- Strong IT help desk experience desired supporting Windows 7/10 operating systems, installing new software/hardware on wireless devices
- Basic Knowledge of Unix/AIX Servers highly desired - SQL - Executing SQL scripts, monitoring scripts - command prompts, etc.
- Basic Knowledge of Cisco Routers/Switches- command prompts to configure switches, etc., highly desired Knowledge of hardware printer, laptops, PC's, network Servers, etc.,
- Log call activity, Resolve more complex issues requiring detailed systems and applications knowledge.
- Use judgment and decision making skills to generate a work order ticket for issues that cannot be resolved via telephone or e-mail and will require an on-site visit to the user's PC or Workstation.
- Must have strong background working with wireless networks , Mobile devices - wireless devices, PC software and Windows 7-10, MS Office Suite, basic printer troubleshooting skills, ghosting software, and knowledge of web browsers.
- AAS Degree or A+, Net + certification.
The hours on the help desk cover 6am-10pm - Candidates will be assigned a 10 hour shift to include a weekend night. Pay rate is $18/hr.
Local candidates only -Must be able to pass 20 year criminal background check.
Category Code: JN008