IT Help Desk Coordinator Starting rates $22-$25 per hour Lake Shore Cryotronics has an immediate need for an IT Help Desk Coordinator, to provide technical support and assistance to employees using computer hardware, desktop applications, as well as printing or phone system hardware and software. The help desk coordinator will be the first point of contact with end-users and will use critical thinking skills to deal with internal and external resources. In addition to support duties, this role will involve creating, testing, and automating the deployment of end-user images, applications, and patches using SCCM. Primary Duties Include:
- Systematic Troubleshooting
- Providing technical support for 170+ end-users, including local, remote, and mobile users
- Proactively monitoring, analyzing, and diagnosing/troubleshooting hardware and software issues while maintaining the finest end user experience.
- Properly identifying priority issues, and escalating accordingly
- Own, drive, and follow-up on end-user resolution
- Responsible for documentation of help desk procedures, end-user resolutions, and/or any support issues
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining SCCM
- Installing, operating, and maintaining basic printer, phone, computer hardware and software applications using SCCM.
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Other duties within the scope of the position as assigned
- Some after hours support may be needed from time to time
Qualifiers: Positive customer service driven attitude; patience and curiosity for troubleshooting; working towards or completed bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, or related discipline, understanding of customer support in an IT context; effective verbal and written communication skills; familiarity with Microsoft Software Deployment (SCCM), Microsoft Desktop Applications, Windows 10, etc; Understanding of networking, including TCP/IP, WINS, DNS Lake Shore Cryotronics is a global leader in developing innovative electronic measurement and control solutions, primarily for scientific applications. These products include sensors and measurement instrumentation, metrology systems and probe stations. Our equipment is regularly used for characterizing physical properties of electronic and magnetic materials.
- Located in Westerville, a northeast suburb of Columbus OH
- Full-time opportunity
- Competitive hourly rate
- Drug free and tobacco free workplace
- Candidates must pass a background check and drug test before starting work