Location: Omaha, NE
Type: Contract – 1 YR
Day to Day Responsibilities of this Position and Description of Project:
We are seeking a Help Desk Specialist to provide technical assistance to computer system users. A typical technical help desk specialist is responsible for answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location. Job
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity.
- May install software or perform hardware testing remotely.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Associate's degree in computer related field or equivalent training required.
- 0-2 years experience required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.