Location: Fargo, ND -- REMOTE
Contract: 12 Months
The Help Desk Specialists 2 will be assigned to our Identity and Access Management access fulfillment team, and will have responsibility for reviewing, responding to and processing user access requests for internal t team members and contractors. Responsibilities include reviewing requests to understand requirements, verify approvals are received and provision approved access. Duties also include assisting in troubleshooting access issues and communicating with our customers (internal employees and contractors) verbally and in writing. The ability to analyze information, work in a fast-paced environment and accurately process requests is required. The ability to communicate effectively with our internal customers and within our team is also essential.
Day to Day Responsibilities of this Position and Description of Project:
Seeking a Help Desk Specialist to provide technical assistance to computer system users. A typical technical help desk specialist is responsible for answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location.
Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity.
- May install software or perform hardware testing remotely.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Associates degree in computer related field or equivalent training required.
- 2-4 years’ experience required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.