Job Details and Requirements:
This is a 1 year contract, possible right to hire, for an IT Help desk specialist. Candidates must have 1-4 years IT help desk experience. Pay is $18 per hour on a w2 - we offer discounted health/dental and 401k benefits. This is a 40 hour work week - you are paid for the hours you work. Unix/Linux experience is needed.
AAS Degree or A+, Net + certification.
The hours on the help desk cover 6am-10pm. Candidates will be assigned a 10 hour shift to include a weekend day.
- Provide routine IT support on hardware and software utilized by the organization.
- Ideal Candidates will have experience supporting and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Servers. Experience with configuring, setting up directories, command line experience, Executing SQL scripts, monitoring scripts - command prompts, etc.
- Troubleshoot Windows operating systems 7-10, MS Office Suite, PC connectivity and network issues, wireless devices such as iphone, ipads, etc., help troubleshoot connectivity issues, etc - you will also be crossed trained on the proprietary software and systems. .
- Take initial telephone or e-mail inquiries and troubleshoot appropriately.
- Manage relatively simple hardware, software, or network problems that can be resolved within 5 minutes.
- Basic Knowledge of Unix/Linux highly desired - SQL - Executing SQL scripts, monitoring scripts - command prompts, etc.
- Basic Knowledge of Cisco Routers/Switches- command prompts to configure switches, etc., highly desired Knowledge of hardware printer, laptops, PC's, network Servers, etc.,
- Log call activity, Resolve more complex issues requiring detailed systems and applications knowledge.
- These issues may require 5 to 15 minutes to settle.
- Use sound judgment and decision making skills to generate a work order ticket for issues that cannot be resolved via telephone or e-mail and will require an on-site visit to the user's PC or Workstation.
- Must have basic knowledge of Mobile devices - wireless devices, PC software and Windows 7-10, MS Office Suite, basic printer troubleshooting skills, ghosting software, and knowledge of web browsers.
Local candidates only. Must be able to pass 20 year criminal background check.
Category Code: JN008