IT Helpdesk Technician/Desktop Support
The Help Desk Technician I the first line of contact for clients experiencing issues with installation, configuration, operation and management of Managed Services. They are the “face of the company” and must be passionate about helping our clients solve problems with a sense of urgency. A successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills as well as good analytic, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
• Understands customer support, likes to work with people and can ensure that the customer is satisfied.
• Continually improve customer service, perception and satisfaction.
• Manages all incidents and requests and communicates with clients to ensure that work is completed to their satisfaction.
• Exceed SLA guarantees with clients.
• Strong Team Player, excellent communication skills, builds strong relationships with co-workers by working across organizational boundaries to resolve customer incidents and requests. Identifies, evaluates, promotes, and implements customer support best practices.
• Assist co-workers and other teams as available Address and resolve basic and complex incidents and requests; enter quality information into tickets and appropriately capture data; complete follow-up and follow-through on all tickets.
• Contributes to self-help knowledge bases and documents typical requests and incidents, resolutions, and work-around procedures.
• Troubleshoots in a high level systematic way.
• Ability to identify symptoms and research causes.
• Effectively balances high volume productivity demands against ability to provide analytical troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Uses creativity and innovation to automate and streamline processes and procedures.
• Grows deeper knowledge of current corporate products, increasing ability to resolve tickets on first contact.
• Remotely assist clients with support needs
• Ability to troubleshoot and remove Virus and Malware issues Ability to configure and troubleshoot
• Network printers
• Has strong knowledge of desktop applications and Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 and 10, the Office suite, and O365.
• Understands file and share permissions, drive mappings, and offline files
• Understands basic Networking principles, including network troubleshooting for connectivity issues, wireless, DHCP, DNS, and command line tools.
• Understands Active Directory user and email management: reset password, unlock account, creating mailboxes and user accounts, group policy, security and distribution groups, and spam troubleshooting.
• Ability to recovery data and email
• Ability to troubleshoot and configure basic computer issues, device encryption, Internet browser Understands smartphone and hotspot support Understands virtual environment concepts
IT & Technical