ACS group has an immediate need for an 'IT Helpdesk Translator' with experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry. This is a 6-month contract opportunity and is located in Tampa, FL. Our client is a leading Pharmaceutical company.
Please review the job description below:
- English to French-Canadian and
- French-Canadian to English
- Help Desk
Key Requirements and Technology Experience:
Hiring Manager Comments:
EM is in need of a French-Canadian/English translator in Tampa. This will start off as part time (20 hours a week). It may go up to 40 hours depending on business needs in the future.
Candidates selected for interview will be required to provide a writing sample to demonstrates their written translation skills from English to French-Canadian and French-Canadian to English.
The sample should be no more than 2 paragraphs for each translation and the subject of the writing sample should be technical in nature
EM would like to see the following:
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Good knowledge of content editing tools
- Time-management skills
- Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus
- Experience in the IT field is a plus.
French-Canadian/English Translator responsibilities include reading and thoroughly understanding the context of given material, using specialized dictionaries and translation tools and proofreading finished pieces of work. To be successful in this role, you should have a keen eye for detail.
The French-Canadian/English Translation Reviewer will work closely with the Translation lead in order to prioritize which records should be reviewed first and to update the Glossary. Ultimately, you will provide ready-to-use translated content that meets our internal needs and helps us reach a broader audience.
* Read given material and research industry-specific terminology
* Convert text from one language to one or more others
* the translation reviewer is to review and correct the Engine's version in language
* Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone
* Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation
* Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
* Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs
* Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)
* Network with field experts to stay current on new translation tools and practices
* Requesting words to be added to the Glossary in order to 'teach' the translation engine for future translations.
* Asking the English original to be reviewed by the English author, if an issue is found with the syntax, grammar or any link included.
* Manually correcting the translation Engine's version to improve its language quality before approving the records.
* Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
* Good knowledge of content editing tools
* Time-management skills
* Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus
* Experience in the IT field is a plus
P: (+1) 404-585-5612
ABOUT ACS GROUP. - ACS Group is a premier provider of IT Consulting, Engineering Consulting, Healthcare, Talent, and Workforce Management Solutions to Fortune 1000 companies globally. Our operating brands have provided targeted services and solutions for more than 50 years. We serve our clients through four operating companies:
#No. 6 Largest IT staffing Firm in the U.S. (2019 SIA)
#Largest Minority-Owned IT Staffing Firm in the U.S. (2018 SIA)
# No. 8 Largest IT Staffing Firm in the U.S. (2018 SIA)
#Inavero's Best of Staffing® Client Diamond Award (2018).
#National Class lV Supplier of the Year Finalist and a Regional Class IV Supplier of the Year by NMSDC
#Inavero's Best of Staffing®Client Diamond Award Winner(2017)