The IS Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating an agile development team within the Front Office vertical to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering exceptional business value to users. The IS Manager is expected to lead and manage the development, deployment, and support of new and existing capabilities as it relates to Connected (Salesforce/Cloud) applications/services capabilities and other integrated solutions to meet the current and future needs of the business. This role is responsible for delivering a portfolio of efforts (product backlogs, projects, etc.) using various agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple operating companies and support organizations
- Acts as technology owner, accountable for implementation and maintenance of products/services within the Connected/Salesforce product suite, partnering with Product Owners and Business Sponsors in providing transparency in execution and monitoring within delivery plans
- Establishes direction and clear sense of meaning to inspire teams to create their own connection and passion to the business goals
- In partnership with the Scrum Masters and Domain Architects, drives team members to leverage or develop well-defined practices and processes that aid in increasing productivity and minimizing waste to ensure work is delivered on time, within budget, adhering to high-quality standards and meeting customer expectations
- Manages deliverables, risks, status, and quality elements throughout the lifecycle for work efforts; validates operational readiness for production launches
- Evaluates conceptual aspects of technical designs of applications, systems and solutions to ensure sound decisions and investments are made in accordance with application architecture governance policies and standards.
- Establishes metrics, reports and measures progress toward goals and effectively communicates progress to appropriate stakeholders
- Assists the Delivery Manager in implementing best practices as defined within the Portfolio Management Office (PMO), Agile CoE and SDLC standards and champions ongoing process improvement initiatives
- Anticipate and identify tasks (i.e. Tech Debt) required to support change processing including performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, and communicating implementation status
Supervisory or Management Responsibility:
- Management responsibility for the Salesforce ATS (Applicant Tracking System) development team, including hiring, leadership, development and accountability for performance
- Acts as Coach-Leader, coaching others in their development as a leader and/or a more complex problem solver, and focuses on helping others formulate their development agenda
- Assists in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring team members
- Promotes empowerment of the team, ensures that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourages a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Communicates and engages with highly-technical knowledge workers. Able to challenge analysts’, developers’, testers’ and architects’ thought processes to drive them to better solutions.
- Establishes operational/team objectives and goals.
- Contributes to the development of product/service and/or departmental budgets and actively manages budget to plan
- Shares fiscal responsibility for the organization’s technology investments and future planning of the organization’s spend
- Manages a $4M+ budget for his/her department