We have a great opportunity to get on the ground floor of a new project supporting NIH, as the IT Operations Lead in Rockville, MD. The right candidate will be responsible for managing technical government programs of moderate risk and complexity or may have deputy responsibility for a large program. Frequently is involved simultaneously in several programs. May have primary responsibility for program growth. Serves as primary customer contact. Will be responsible for profit and loss. Will be responsible for business development within current customer base and new customers.
- Plans the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization.
* Develops a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
* Ensures that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization and comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
* Identifies and evaluates the risks associated with program activities and takes appropriate action to control the risks.
* Coordinates the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
* Oversees program budget and schedules prepared by subordinate staff.
* Supervisory responsibilities include: hiring, terminations, and performance management. Mentors and develops Project Managers.
* Typically the deputy on a very large program or the Program Manager for two to three Project Manager I's. Managed revenue responsibility is typically $1M - $5M.
* Overall responsibility for leading the program, department, or functional area as designated. Oversees. directs, and mentors subordinate staff; communicates job expectations and enforces organizational policies, procedures and core values; responsible for recruiting staff, approving timecards, and conducting performance reviews and disciplinary measures.
Bachelor's Degree in IT, Cyber Security, Business, Management, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
7-10 years of experience with 5+ years of project management experience and prior management experience
Other Job Specific Skills
* Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
* Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
* Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
* Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational and program effectiveness.
* Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational or program parameters.
* Ability to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
* Understands and is able to manager Profit and Loss and Operating Income.
* Able to coordinate with Client on the delivery of services and provide accurate and timely updates.
* Strong business development skills, anticipating client challenges, leveraging opportunities and supporting sustainability.
PMP, working towards a PgMP, CSM, CSPO or PMI-ACP preferred
US citizenship required?: