Our client is seeking an IT Operations Support Specialist for an exciting contract to hire opportunity. The IT Operations Support will provide first level support for all PCs, Printers, Thin Clients, Point of Sale Terminals and all applications.
- Daily help desk operations including, but not limited to, telephone support, diagnosing problems, and completing regularly scheduled activities.
- Performs required installs, configurations, and maintenance of applications on PCs.
- Monitor Help Desk email account and direct workflow accordingly.
- Document all problems or program malfunctions in Help Desk system and notifies Help Desk personnel.
- Install new equipment, replace existing equipment and move equipment when necessary throughout the property.
- Assist guests with connecting to wired and wireless networks in guest rooms and meeting rooms.
- Provide user support for all computer systems used.
- Assist with tracking the company's inventory of computer hardware and software.
- Maintain equipment throughout hotel clean or replace when needed.
- Possess general knowledge of hardware and software platforms.
- Understand the general business functions and has a conceptual understanding of each unit's activities.
- Perform all other job-related tasks as assigned.
- 3+ years of overall Help Desk and/or Desktop Support experience
- Must have strong communication skills (in person and over the phone).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information to end users.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.