Our Fortune 500 client is seeking an IT PMO Lead who will be responsible for the overall portfolio of IT projects, including providing project-specific support, as required. Will be tasked with understanding the full scope of portfolio prioritization by driving project success and road-maps as well as diagnosing risks and mitigating them. This person will play a key role in catalyzing a culture change in IT through Agile adoption for current projects and future PMO initiatives.
- Leads the development of IT initiatives by coordinating between business owners and IT functional leaders to define requirements, determine resource needs, and support business case development
- Works with key IT and business leaders to support initiatives through implementation, including tracking progress, designing and monitoring key metrics, tracking performance and providing change management guidance
- Drive enterprise-wide IT Governance to be clear on what the company will and will not invest in
- Thoroughly vet ideas based on quantifiable business outcomes & drive execution to realize the committed value
- Drive Value Realization and Resource planning/ prioritization across IT Portfolio
- Drive accountability for internal & vendor managed programs
- Provides leadership and oversight to a team of project managers responsible for developing resource plans, budget planning and tracking of IT initiatives to achieve target scope, schedule and cost
- Collaborates with varying levels of indirect reports/resources and manages through influence. Uses capabilities to influence customers, stakeholders, and project managers to properly manage divergent expectations
- Managing a team of IT Program Managers (internal & external PMs) to support specific projects as well as oversee the full portfolio of IT projects
- Ensure consistent project management methodologies and approaches are being leveraged consistently IT wide
- Act as an ambassador for the adoption of the agile mindset and associated behavior changes to help ensure meaningful change that drives positive business results
- Challenge the status quo on how and what to do in order to support a more effective and productive operating model
- Proven skills in the following areas are required: Technical Knowledge/Skills Required: a. Should have strong analytic skills, Should be able to perceive and analyze problems, develop alternatives and recommend sound decisions
- Strong command of change management issues and methodologies
- Proficient in Google Applications - Google sheets, Docs, Slides, and Drive etc. Knowledge in Microsoft Excel and MS-Project
- PMP certification, Certified SCRUM master and/or other project management certification is preferred
- Proven competencies in using various Agile competencies in managing IT projects:
- Overall responsible for activity planning & sequencing, resource planning, developing and maintaining schedules, budget management, risk analysis and management, action item follow-up, status reporting, issue management, business partnering, working with vendors etc.
- A strong value system with impeccable integrity
- Proven leadership ability with high energy and enthusiasm to inspire and motivate others i. Ability to lead change while achieving business goals and objectives
- Hands-on, results-oriented and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to complete projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts, as well as more general management and team-player skills
- Very strong team player, should possess ability to foster teamwork and positive working environment to the project team in light of changes and challenges. Should have people skills to be able to work independently with different IT team members in different roles
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent presentation skills and the ability to adapt to differing audiences p. Excellent listening skills with a strong ability to build cross-functional relationships Excellent financial management skills, with an ability to anticipate potential issues and propose mitigation plans Passion for learning.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.