LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The Record to Report Product Manager is a senior role within the Information Technology Organization who leads a team of functional and technical Analysts to identify, prioritize, select, and implement solutions to support strategies and objectives for the Finance organization. This position is the primary decision maker for the definition, development, and management of IT products within Record to Report.
The Product Manager interacts and supports directly the following Directors and their Staffs: CAO Organization, FP&A, FS&T and Internal Audit. This position has a deep understanding of how related business processes and technologies work together. Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring IT solutions, IT services and projects are aligned with Record to Report business processes by establishing the vision and strategy.
The Product Manager is a business savvy IT professional who works closely with functional leaders to increase the business value from IT products throughout their life cycle. The Product Manager organizes internal and external resources (across functional lines) in order to achieve the company's strategic objectives and develop a sustained, integrated vision for the product. The position is expected to follow technology trends to continually evolve the products and services for greater benefit to the corporation.
The Product Manager will work closely with key IT partners both at the strategic and tactical levels to ensure LYB's product needs are incorporated into future releases of the solution.
The Product Manager is a business savvy IT leader who works with these senior level Finance leaders to shape and influence. He or she builds strong working relationships with the Finance leadership to define high value business opportunities and anticipates business needs to proactively provide strategic alternatives to the business. The position requires significant interaction with functional executives within the company, has deep strategic aptitude, with strong financial and analytic skills, as well as the ability to effectively communicate and facilitate decisions.
The Product Manager must have strong influencing skills and must frequently overcome the status quo or replace legacy applications. The ability to communicate differential value and a viable transition path is critical to ensure positive change.
This position conducts business in more than one country or in areas/communities that have strong, unique ethnic/cultural traditions. Domestic and international travel of 10-20% is anticipated.
Roles & Responsibilities
This senior level position reports to the Director, Global Enterprise Architecture and Product Teams and will be responsible for establishing and directing the global IT direction for Finance - Record to Report.
This individual will partner with global cross-functional teams to develop business segment roadmaps, short and long term project plans and identify technology trends. The position interfaces frequently with business executive leadership and will build and maintain relationships and interface regularly with strategic suppliers at the executive level.
The Product Manager will manage an organization of employees contractors located globally.
Specific areas of responsibility and influence include:
- Design Product Life-Cycle Strategy - Increase the value realized by the business from IT Products throughout the life-cycle of the Product which entails the following: Manage Product Business Case; Conceive and Identify Product Needs; Expose Product Capabilities; Continuously Improve IT Products; Design Product Releases; Administer Routine Product Changes; Plan and Schedule Product Releases; Develop Support Sustainability; Analyze Product User Feedback; Retire Products
- Provide timely and effective conceptual solutions that serve as compelling proposals to business sponsors and provide the framework for subsequent detail design work.
- Aligns IT with Finance
- Understands how the Finance Organization, processes, and IT work together
- Aligns solutions, projects, services, and approaches with Finance strategic direction
- Recognizes opportunities and resolves key issues
- Develops and Integrates Applications
- Understands and applies development standards
- Conceives and designs effective application solutions
- Delivers effective and high quality application solutions
- Facilitates Effective Vendor Relationships
- Understands vendor and maintains good working relationships
- Monitor and Influence Vendor Direction
- Employs effective, ethical and legal negotiation methods
- Identify project interrelationships that will affect portfolio priority and resource allocation decisions
- Strong People Leader and Developer
- Able to foster strong team environment
- Highlights development and training opportunities for the extended team
- Coach and mentor for product team members
- Establishes a sense of trust within team and encourages team involvement/ownership
- Increase the IT savvy of business partners over time to encourage higher value demand
- Responsible for ensuring value of IT investments is managed by:
- Measuring results and outcomes against business cases
- Helping accountable Business Sponsors understand and play their role effectively
- Advocating changes to the investment portfolio that increase value
- Ensuring adherence to corporate constraints (for example, flat to falling budgets)
- Responsible for representing the capabilities of IT supply to encourage the understanding of and adherence to standards that create enterprise-wide value or protect the enterprise brand, including:
- Architectural standards
- Security, risk, and privacy standards as well as regulatory compliance
- Data standards that increase the asset value of enterprise data
- A baccalaureate degree in engineering, information technology, computer science, business or equivalent work experience is required
- 10 years of technical, business, or management experience in increasingly responsible positions.
- Strong Business Acumen and able to speak the language of Finance - Record to Report.
- Understand financial business drivers, P&L statements and balance sheets. Cost Accounting and budgeting knowledge.
- Able to assess financial health of the business and use metrics for decision making and to drive value realization.
- Deep Functional knowledge relevant platforms and supported technology. SAP is required.
- Ability to operate in a global environment.
- Strategic Partner - Respected contributor and able to earn a 'seat at the table' to actively engage with leaders and discuss future plans and strategies. Can identify how products and services advance business objectives.
- Experience leading teams, training and developing others.
- MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience in Finance department role.
- Deep knowledge of the Chemical Manufacturing Industry is a plus.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston