IT Project Manager/Business Analyst
A multi-faceted position that encompasses two roles in one - project manager and business analyst. The primary responsibilities are to help manage IT and business projects to ensure they are delivered on-time, on-budget, and fully meeting requirements. Additionally, this person will establish strong, mutually beneficial relationships between IT, service lines and functional groups) to ensure strong alignment to firm goals. Major Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have executive presence to manage meetings, command a room, lead the team, quickly grasp vague requests, respectfully navigate variability and inconsistency, generate delivery detail with unparalleled reliability, and more. Preferably with some Agile experience, and cultural fit (hungry, humble, and smart).
Core Responsibilities - Project Manager
• Develop and manage project tasks and dependencies to ensure that activities are aligned with IT standards and business objectives.
• Use project management skills to develop project requirements and scope, determine solutions, implement, and operationalize.
• Work with challenging deadlines and competing priorities.
• Able to effectively run meetings, set agendas, and track performance against agreed upon commitments.
• Manage human and technical resources, plan schedules and budgets.
• Support day to day implementation and direction for projects. Create/maintain all project management artifacts including project schedules, project budgets, resource plans, deployment plans, disaster recovery plans, etc.
• Chair regular project meetings with the project team.
• Manage service level agreements (SLAs) for internal and external partners.
Core Responsibilities - Business Analyst
• Strong skills with requirements gathering, asking the hard questions, and working with business stakeholders at every level of the organization.
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to analyze workflow/processes to support internal and external customers.
• Liaison with appropriate personnel and department managers as appropriate when performing project activities.
• Collaborates with key business stakeholders and IT management to identify and prioritize projects.
• Communicate expectations between IT teams and business stakeholders.
Supplemental Responsibilities - Business Relationship Manager
• Serve as the key communication link between IT and all service lines and functional groups.
• Nurture the relationship with customers and provide superior customer service.
• Deliver strong customer relationship and consulting services.
• Develop a partnering relationship with customers by establishing and maintaining executive-level customer contacts.
• Able to quickly establish rapport with a variety of stakeholders at various levels within the organization.
• Provides continuous communication on projects and issues to both the business leadership and IT leadership team.
• Provide ideas for people, process, and technology improvements.
Required Professional Background / Skills
• Scrum Master Certification - NICE TO HAVE
• Project Management Professional (PMP), Business Analyst Certification, or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is beneficial.
Required Practical Experience / Background / Skills
• Consultative personality.
• Flexible and possess ownership personality for tasks and projects.
• Willingness to do what's needed to make sure it gets done.
• Strong customer service skills including verbal and written communications.
• Superior time management skills including sense of urgency and proactive approach.
• Strict adherence to professional ethics.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work on and successfully complete multiple projects at the same time.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Highly organized.
• Self-starter and highly motivated.