Senior Project Coordination Analyst
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
Once known as a trucking company, UPS is now recognized as a technology company with trucks and is poised for success. Spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology, UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The Senior Project Coordination Analyst plans, organizes, coordinates, and tracks activities to develop, deploy, and upgrade software and hardware. He/She troubleshoots project issues to maintain schedules utilizing established processes and procedures and makes recommendations for preventing recurrences. This position coordinates deployments and implementations and facilitates activities to ensure programs and projects are implemented successfully and meet established deadlines.
About this role:
Provides System Support
- Coordinates the installation and removal of hardware and software to comply with user requests.
- Initiates actions to ensure targets comply with established safety and quality procedures.
- Coordinates hardware and software tests and corrects malfunctions to ensure effective operations.
- Documents details of hardware and software installations and removals to comply with established procedures.
Resolves and Documents Project Specific Issues
- Ensures issues and requests are handled effectively to conform to procedures.
- Reviews issues' documentation to verify utilization of appropriate forms.
- Provides users with support to resolve issues and to minimize downtime.
- Analyzes problems to initiate actions for effectively resolving project issues.
Coordinates Product Deployment
- Collaborates with subordinates to clarify product planning and design and to coordinate deployments.
- Evaluates products to determine risk factors.
- Acts as a field and I.T. partner liaison to communicate progress on release scheduling.
- Conducts post-release reviews to verify accuracy.
- Intermediate or advance working knowledge of a Warehouse Management System.
- Experience in Project Management (Functional & Technical) with Warehouse Management Systems skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intermediate- Level Proficiency with Sprint Planning, MS Visio, Requirements Elicitation
- Advanced- Level Proficiency with Microsoft excel, requirements management
- Candidate must demonstrate a detailed understanding of supply chain concepts and make recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems.
- Aptitude to grasp the complexity of UPS Supply Chain technology capabilities.
- Must have strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Outstanding communication and confident decision making skills.
- Have the ability to collaborate with large groups of stakeholders, manage tasks across multiple business groups and teams.
- Be comfortable working directly with executive and director-level stakeholders.
- Resilient and focused on driving success.
- Experience leading projects with a strict deadline is beneficial.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or Project Management or equivalent
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law