Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The IT Quality Management Assistant Manager provides day to day supervision of department staff. Coordinates operational activities of the department including strategy development and implementation; operating plans and budgets; value generation initiatives; policies, procedures, systems, and reporting. Builds and manages a high performance team that ensures that the software we develop is both Fit for Purpose and Fit for Use through efficient, reliable and repeatable testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build and implement testing organizational strategies and roadmaps in coordination with other Quality Management leadership
• Enforce and enhance Quality Assurance / Software Testing best practices
• Coordinate with Product Managers and Project Managers to understand project resource allocation requirements
• Recommend resources for project and operational work based on Quarterly Delivery Planning outputs
• Partner with vendors to contract and onboard resources to support a flexible staffing model
• Create testing metrics and trending reports
• Promote the Company Vision To be the BEST! • Caring for and Cultivating People, Delighting our Customers, Growing Responsibly, Drive Value to the Business.
• Live and share The Dream and philosophies and assist others to realize their dream; connects employees to Company vision and purpose
• Participate in Quality Management recruitment, hiring, training, employee development and performance management
• Provide direction and feedback on the day-to-day activities of employees
• Communicate clear job expectations, goals and development opportunities to Quality Management employees
• Prepare employee development plans; recommend appropriate action to upper management
• Conduct performance reviews
• Coach and mentor Quality Management employees
• Serve as an escalation point for interpersonal and operational employee challenges
• Regularly meet with employees in a one-on-one setting
• Manage work schedules and perform time keeping activities
• Monitor and adjust employee workloads
• Monitor department projects to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed quality level
• Gather, track and report department attainment of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to upper management
• Ensure the highest level of Customer Delight by promoting and providing excellent customer service
• Ensure Company procedures are followed, including the tracking and publishing of metrics
• Work collaboratively across departments to identify and resolve risks, conflicts and challenges, recommend resolution and implementing process improvements
• Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends, and strategies; bring forward solutions and serves as a Trusted Expert
• Participate in Company management initiatives such as: meetings, conferences, and committees
• Develop and maintain departmental governance procedures
• Support decisions made by Company leadership
• Other duties as assigned
• This position required a minimum of eight years progressive experience with Software Testing/ Quality Assurance; with one to three years supervisory/ management, team leadership or coaching/training/ mentoring experience required.
• Proven experience leading a testing team with a strong understanding of manual and automated testing practices. Strong understanding of QA/QE best practices and the testing/development tools that support them (e.g. ALM, Jira, UFT, Selenium, Performance Center, Jenkins, BitBucket, SOAPUI, etc.)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is needed.
• Expert ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas both verbally and in writing is necessary.
• Excellent analytical, planning and negotiation skills are needed.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the expert ability to develop strong relationships with key members of both internal and vendor teams.
• Demonstrated business acumen with an expert knowledge and understanding of business issues, priorities, goals, and strategy is necessary. Must be highly organized, extremely detail oriented with strong leadership experience.
• Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is a key attribute.
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced, goal oriented, and time sensitive environment.
• The ability to drive organizational transformation; communicates openly and builds consensus with stakeholders.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience is required. Professional certifications are a plus.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary