Supervises and coordinates activities of a team of IT members engaged in computer operations, computer systems, computer programming, and the company's network to assure effective computer resources are provided to users.
- Responsible for team productivity to ensure maximum output with a high Customer Satisfaction rating.
* Analyzes performance indicators such as number of transactions per second, response time, and number of programs being processed to ensure systems are operating efficiently.
* Studies problems and capabilities, and develops solutions for improved operating procedures, alternate processing methods, communications, information flow, management reporting, and operational efficiency.
* Provides recommendations on short term systems projects/plans.
* Prepares operational forecasts and requirements for data processing, systems development, and communications.
* Oversees the conduct of feasibility studies for systems improvement and the preparation of systems project proposals.
* Ensures compliance with policies, processes and procedures governing team deliveries to achieve work outputs of the team.
* Monitors and supports the complex information technology and systems infrastructures.
* Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of complex information technology tools.
* Troubleshoots and resolves unique or complex problems in an efficient manner.
* Performs root cause analysis and diagnostics on the more unique or complex production systems.
* Administers and runs complex tests on operating system and related software.
* Overall responsibility for leading the program, department, or functional area as designated. Oversees. directs, and mentors subordinate staff; communicates job expectations and enforces organizational policies, procedures and core values; responsible for recruiting staff, approving timecards, and conducting performance reviews and disciplinary measures.
Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science or a related field preferred, or equivalent relevant experience.
4-6 years of experience in Information Technology with 0-2 years of experience managing IT staff.
HDI Support Center Team Lead Certified a plus
US Citizenship is required due to government background investigation - Public Trust
Other Job Specific Skills
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to effectively communicate technical issues.
* Must be detail oriented, as well as able to work well with others.
* Must demonstrate leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines.
* Ability to resolve difficult and diverse technical and management issues.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Must be knowledgeable about service desk systems and IT tools.
* Must have good judgement in handling serious customer problems.
* Knowledge of ITIL framework and processes
* Prior military experience or knowledge and experience with Federal Government Civilian workforce is a plus.
* Salesforce experience is a plus
* Ability to get team members to work together to accomplish tasks.
* Stays up to date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
* Ability to think long-term and establish achievable action plans.
* Actively looks for ways to help people in the most efficient manner.
* Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.