The IT Service Engineer provides remote technical support for automated material handling software systems and equipment in warehouses and distribution centers using an array of technical tools to perform complex troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Identifies and resolves issues with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Material Flow Systems (MFS) at customer locations.
• Remotely assesses situations and troubleshoots customer software applications and hardware to diagnose complex issues. Provide issue resolution or follow proper escalation procedures.
• Sound judgmental powers; ability to manage difficult customer situations, to respond promptly to the needs of the customer and solicit feedback to improve service
• Logs customer queries, analyzes trends and identifies underlying issues.
• Updates customer support documents.
• Updates help-desk ticketing system to track, monitor, and resolve issues.
• Effectively communicates with customers in high-impact scenarios.
• May travels internationally for initial training and subsequent training.
• Participates in customer and internal meetings.
• Assists software development team with projects.
• Works as part of international team to ensure maximum system uptime and performance.