Location: Irvine, CA
- Cloud Architect, IT role reports into the Commercial IT team.
- This role will be responsible for the support and development of connected solutions IT systems needed for product engineering, testing and data analytics and reporting.
- This position will lead IT system architecture, design solutions, manage vendors, software contracts and projects focused on cloud infrastructure and IP protection.
- Architect robust cloud solutions that are scalable and meet the needs of New Product Development
- Evaluate new IT technologies & build effective solutions for NPD
- Manage and own configuration for system and hardware
- Streamline IT Business processes impacting NPD
- Manage vendor relationship and harmonize needs across all stakeholders
- Bring Best of Breed Solutions, Cloud Infrastructure and Software solutions
- Remove Roadblocks to innovation, Build key relationships and lasting partnerships
- Participate in architecting end-to-end solutions for business teams using Cloud IoT Services.
- Advanced knowledge of Azure IaaS components like VMs, Virtual networks, Storage and PaaS components like App Service, Serverless computing, Storage
- Advanced knowledge of AWS VPCs, Subnets, EC2s, routing.
- Advanced knowledge of AWS Compute, Storage, IoT, Developer Tools.
- Able to demonstrate best practices for AWS or Azure account setup, governance, and architecture
- Configuration management using Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps principles and techniques such as Blue/Green deployments, rolling deployments and experience implementing them in a cloud environment
- Familiarity with container and resource management technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Apache Mesos is a plus
- Familiar with traditional database technologies: SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, Oracle
- Intermediate knowledge of federated security models and Active Directory
- 7+ years of experience architecting IT solutions.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Azure and AWS highly desired.
- Demonstrated independent ability to perform system engineering activities listed above.
- Analytical, problem solver with ability to challenge existing processes and come up with innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with ambiguity/uncertainty and a willingness to try new/challenging things
- Experience with system engineering for combined hardware, software systems.
- Java, Python or other Object-Oriented Programming and troubleshooting skills is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with software tools for requirements management, engineering analysis, and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated technical project management skills on multi-year projects with multi-functional teams
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with engineers, management, marketing and health care professionals
- Knowledge of Medical Device product lifecycle to provide technical leadership is highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma or related product development methods and processes is preferred
- Experience with hospital networks, server and network infrastructure is preferred
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!