IT Specialist (Linux)
Support the successful execution of the IRS Linux Migration initiative. Support activities include upgrade configurations, delivery automation, backlog grooming sessions, ensure Program critical risk exposure is minimized for migration, review and validate technical solutions are implemented in a safe, secure, extensible and scalable environment, establish and document standard operating procedures for technical integration and project and program activities. Work as part of an Integrated Project Team (IPT) including IRS staff and other contractors utilizing the Iterative Enterprise Life Cycle (ELC) development path and methodology.
- Assist in managing deliverables, activities, and costs for the project team and others to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Monitor reporting and providing input related to both project status using project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS); Integrated Master Schedule (IMS); Key Performance Indicator Reports; and other program management information.
- Support development of a Project Management Plan (PMP), conduct and participate in customer status meetings, monitor, report, and provide input to the project's status.
- Oversee software delivery lifecycle, providing extensive business analysis, development, data modeling, and testing through knowledge sharing, peer reviews, managing documentation and QA of team deliverables.
- Support change management, sprint planning, and risk management.
- Assist implementing SCRUM and in SCRUM team activities including: creating sprint burndown and backlog reports, leading daily scrum meetings, identifying and tracking team's action items and items for escalation, and tracking burndown metrics.
- Document stakeholder engagement processes and establish and develop a stakeholder interaction model to facilitate engagement between the PMO and IRS business and delivery partners.
- Create, coordinate and maintain the integrated master schedule
- Identify, specify, and communicate common or EPMO-wide standards, processes, methodologies, and approaches
- Associates degree in Info Systems or IT related field with 3 years of Experience as an IT Specialist
- Provides high level functional and IT analysis, design, development, integration, documentation, and implementation assistance on problems which require a thorough knowledge of the related technical subject matter for effective system deployment.
- Experience participating in all phases of systems development
- Proven ability to apply principals and methods of the functional area to difficult problems in technical areas to arrive at automated solutions
- Experience designing and preparing technical reports and related documentation, including supporting charts and graphs to record results
- Excellent communications skills; preparing and delivering presentations and briefings as required
- This work is 90% remote.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an IRS Public Trust Clearance - MUST BE A US CITIZEN
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.