LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The IT Senior Sourcing Specialist - is responsible for developing, deploying, and managing the procurement strategies for Information Technology (IT) commodities and services required to support company operations. These commodities include hardware (workstations, servers, storage, multi-functional devices, & peripherals), software (infrastructure, ERP, business, security, and manufacturing applications), telecom (Voice, Video, and Network), and Software as a Service (application development, implementation, and support, outsourcing for Help Desks, network monitoring, data center operations, & packaging).
The IT Senior Sourcing Specialist may be involved with multi-year/multi-million-dollar expenditures negotiated and contracted utilizing national agreements by buyers. Utilizes comprehensive and systemic market analysis for the goods/services procured to drive lowest total cost and maximum value to the company. This position also manages effective internal and external IT client, stakeholder, and supplier relationships up to the senior level.
This position is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Roles & Responsibilities
- Executes strategic sourcing following the agreed processes and sourcing strategy methodology. Utilizes market analysis and contracting strategies for IT commodities. Promotes cross-functional teams in assessing risks and developing models associated with supply and technical compliance.
- Ensures the deployment of strategic IT purchasing plans driven by internal IT client requirements, manufacturing results and capabilities, distribution and logistics objectives and business economics.
- Implements measurement systems that clearly indicate the performance level of the IT sourcing strategy and supplier effectiveness. Maintains focus on added value, lowest total 'life cycle' cost and cost savings.
- Development of reporting personnel and peers through dialogs, skill gap analysis and training.
- Promotes excellent working relationships with internal customers and other supporting organizations.
- Maintains relationships with key IT, business and manufacturing partners and key supplier contacts.
- Ensures that business drivers, departmental goals and measures are aligned.
- Recognized as a leader and an expert in IT segments, commodities and/or categories assigned; providing knowledge and expertise within this area.
- Develops and implements supplier continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred (or recognized equivalent).
- 6+ years related experience required with a degree. (IT Procurement, Project Management, Sales or Supply Chain experience)
- 3+ years of chemical or related industry experience and knowledge related to purchasing and materials management is preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in positions mastering knowledge of business processes in a commercial environment preferred.
- Experience in establishing commodity/segment strategies and management preferred.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston