LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The IT Sr. Product Specialist is a key position in the discovery and delivery of business solutions from information technology. The IT Sr. Product Specialist, through continuous consultation with the functional areas, has a deep understanding of business operations and is capable of articulating solutions in business terms and not technical jargon. They are capable of envisioning potential value for new IT solutions. While an IT Sr. Product Specialist has a deep understanding of specific business areas, that expertise is set into a broader context of understanding of the business processes and technical capabilities that may cross functional boundaries.
The IT Sr. Product Specialist is an individual contributor who is responsible for helping with gathering of business requirements to ensure business objectives are met by the new IT solutions and is team member during the design, development and execution of projects. The IT Sr. Product Specialist must ensure the full systems lifecycle process is adhered to, overseeing solutions through the entire implementation process. They must be proficient in Project Management disciplines from requirements gathering through implementation of the functional solution. The IT Sr. Product Specialist advocates for their clients and acts as the single point of contact for incident management, new services and resource allocation.
This position reports to the IT Product Team Manager and supports other IT Sr. Product Specialist. They are responsible for developing and maintaining a trusted business relationship driving the greatest possible business value from ITS investments.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience of Triple Point CXL, either as a business analyst, or system/solutions architect
- Knowledge and experience of energy industry (e.g. crude, refined products, natural gas).
- Solid understanding of commodity trading instruments, Futures, Swaps, options etc.
- Solid understanding of the functioning of commodity trading markets and the various trading instruments.
- Strong background in both physical and financial commodities trading with a good understanding of front office, middle office and back office functions.
- Agility in learning new & changing system functionality and capabilities in addition to in depth knowledge of CXL.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maintains relationship with business colleagues with excellent communication
- Works closely with business colleagues, to quickly understand new requirements or problems, and then suggest a possible solution
- Helps develop business cases, considering financial, resource, and technological constraints; develops cost estimates with consideration to business impacts and risks.
- Lead solution design activities with client groups in a specific business area to create and to document the business requirements
- Create Solution documentation for solutions to ensure approved requirements are met
- Develops unit test cases and performs testing to ensure requirements are met for system modifications or data extracts.
- Consults with the business colleagues on appropriate change management activities to achieve organizational readiness for the implementation of changes.
- Demonstrates leadership by coordinating the requirements, specifications, and user acceptance testing efforts.
- Participates in development of short and long term plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline with specialized leadership training and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience and education
- 8+ years of work experience in roles that had a high level of client or end-user engagement with experience in both support and formal or informal leadership
- Leadership, Communication and Relationship demonstrating outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team leadership with ability to motivate and resolve conflict
- Goal driven; action oriented
- When needed, can say 'no' by offering meaningful alternatives
- Understand the drivers of organizational change and interdependencies among all the moving parts
- Value Oriented, understands technology is a tool with overriding goal of business success
- Partners closely with business partners to analyze new projects and readiness for governance decisions and provides transparency of portfolio investments.
- Well-grounded in Service Management - represent IT to the business.
- Communicate and defend IT policies and standards, and understand how IT services benefit the business.
- Coordinate/act as a broker of services and suppliers, including Enterprise Architecture, Solution Delivery, Service Management, etc.
This position conducts business in more than 6 countries or in areas/communities that have strong, unique ethnic/cultural traditions. Domestic and international travel of 5 % is anticipated.
- 8 + years Commodity Trading and Risk Management CTRM, TriplePoint CXL application experience
- Financial planning and estimating
- Experience in the Petrochemical Industry with strong business acumen
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston