Location: Cordova, TN
Contract: 4 Months
Windows Upgrade Project Support-
- This role provides day-to-day support for our on-going Windows Operating System Upgrade Project. The technical requirements will include, but are not limited to; identifying Windows 7 candidates available for upgrade to Windows 10, communicating with customers to coordinate their time, manage individuals data and secure it effectively, and work at a fast pace with consistent progress in deployment of Windows 10.
- This role requires communicates highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel. May suggest hardware and software solutions or alternatives while adhering to the department standards, policies and procedures.
- May participate in the development of information technology and other related processes and projects. Configuration, imaging, testing, diagnosis and troubleshooting of hardware and software equipment for client.
- Follow specific configuration checklists and process for the configuration of assets for client. Ensure assets are tested, the image is applied properly and any special configuration needs are addressed. This may include but is not limited to the operating system, hardware specifications or any software applications. Hardware may include laptops, desktops, PDA's, mobile phones and external hard drives.
- Evaluate and prioritize requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, operating systems, legacy hardware and validated applications and other IT related technologies.
- Document and track work in SNOW (Incident Management Ticket recording system) as appropriate, assign tickets to other support or resolver teams and assist with the warranty repair process.
- Assist with maintaining asset inventory tracking and licensing information. Responsible for communicating progress and performance on a weekly basis 75%.
- Responsible for limited training of site personnel on simple standard desktop software where possible. 10%
- Assist with maintaining asset inventory tracking and licensing information. Responsible for communicating site requirements to management. Provide user support on remote connectivity issues using various technologies (RAS, VPN, McAfee). 10%
- Track and report Windows 10 project upgrade blockers, completions, delays and application validation issues. 5%
Bachelors degree in a Computer Science or Business discipline or equivalent work experience in a relevant technical area Licenses/Certifications Microsoft Certified preferred, Apple Certified or equivalent Apple/IOS experience a plus.
Successful delivery of Desktop Support Services, User administration in Active Directory environment, Strong knowledge of system integration and downstream impacts, Experience of root cause analysis and problem solving methodologies, Knowledge and understanding of the need to meet customer expectations, Complete to the satisfaction of the client/customer. Highly competent with desktop support for Office and Windows, Experience in problem solving and troubleshooting issues.
Strong customer services skills including the ability to work continuously with operational departments to understand unstated business requirements Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision. Ability to identify opportunities to improve operational and technical processes. Excellent time management and planning skills Supervision Limited supervision required.