One of my client's in Sand Diego is looking to hire an IT specialist to support all internal employees. They are looking for someone with at least 3-5 years experience supporting end users & devices in an Active Directory/Exchange Online hybrid environment. The primary role is end user/device support but there are lots of opportunities to run or assist with IT projects. The ideal candidate should be comfortable using remote support tools, very comfortable documenting technical details, and a quick learner. Bonus points for any scripting/automation/Powershell experience
Summary of Duties
You will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions. You will assist in the administration and internal support of the Company's PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations. You will be the first line of support for most issues and manage some ongoing projects.
Example of Duties
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve all problems to the end user's satisfaction.
- Respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the ticketing system.
- Prioritize tickets to ensure high priority issues are addressed as quickly as possible.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software settings, etc. on workstations and servers.
- Install, configure, test and deploy workstations, peripheral equipment and software as needed and in a timely manner.
- Test and deploy software updates for workstations and servers as needed.
- Configure, deploy, and manage mobile devices using an MDM platform.
- Monitor infrastructures metrics like nightly backups, disk usage, and performance.
- Provide IT assistance at various job sites.
- Assist with IT related ordering and inventory.
- Assist with IT projects as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant technical experience
- Strong experience configuring, and managing Windows 7 & 10 endpoints
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Comfortable following directions that utilize the Windows command line interpreter
- Comfortable using a pre-built library of PowerShell scripts for automating tasks
- Experience providing support to remote users with and without remote support tools
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting TCP/IP networks with multiple VLANs
- Experience configuring and administering wireless networks
- Experience configuring and managing mobile devices on an MDM platform
If interested, please email your resume
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.