Our client is one of the fastest growing startups in the nation right now, growing out of every space they move into and opening offices internationally! They have just opened a location in Mountain View and are looking for an IT Support Specialist to be the sole technician for that location and it's engineer endusers!
This candidate should have experience supporting users of Mac OSX and Windows operating systems and a solid understanding of networking concepts (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, routers, switches). Responsibilities will include activities surrounding onboarding of new employees (Laptop setup, account creation), troubleshooting LAN and wireless router connectivity issues, facilitating and fulfilling end-user support requests and first-tier help desk support.
The IT Support Specialist coordinates, diagnoses and troubleshoots incoming employee calls. You will provide support services to employees with technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop or network services from local personnel or from employees using network remote access. You will provide timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate technical personnel. Provides case status updates to management and end-users. Supports and maintains effective relationships with users. Develops, documents, and implements standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to IT support.
- Configure, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all office computers, peripherals including video conferencing, cloud services.
- Create Strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve day-to-day operations.
- Technical Installations and training for new employees and co-workers
- Collaborate with existing vendors to evaluate the new technology that is available and make recommendations to management on using that technology
- Monitor the performance of the company's desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency
- Evaluate applications and software patches for desktop applications to see if they will solve desktop issue
- Maintain technology inventory system
- New equipment research, evaluation and procurement.
- Manage and administer internal applications including cyber security.
- Account administration, VOIP phone support, data backup/cloud services, VPN Server, and Software License Management
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to help employees solve hardware and software problems with Apple and other hardware products including laptop, desktop, phones, accessories and OS X software.
- Experience with troubleshooting network issues in corporate network environment.
- Experience with setup and support printer system in a corporate environment.
- Experience with hosted productivity and communications applications, including G-Suite, Box, MS Office, OKTA, Workday and other commonly used SaaS system, and the ability to train and support employees on their use.
- Strong working knowledge of networks, network topologies, PC workstations, servers, application software, databases, telecommunications, and programming.
- Ability to identify and resolve server and network infrastructure issues, management of LAN/WAN environments.
- Very strong familiarity and comfort level with Mac OS X and solid understanding of and experience with Windows 10
- ITIL Certification a plus
- Familiarity and admin experience with chat technologies - Slack, Zoom, Talkdesk, RingCentral
- Experience with Fleetsmith MDM is a plus but not required
- G Suite Administration and related SaaS service administration is a plus
- Good analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Well organized with good time management skills and documentation capabilities
- Working knowledge of Service Now
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Friendly personality with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Dedication to a constructive, team-oriented atmosphere is critical. Sharing knowledge and perspective within the department, and organization as a whole, will provide a crucial insight to decision makers.
- The IT Department strives to continuously stay abreast to the changing technology environment and understands the detriments of complacency.
- IT Department places an emphasis on continuing education and constantly improving employee awareness.
- Thoughtful communication within the team will be necessary to keep the understanding of IT Department intentions as well as maintain accountability within the organization.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.