IT Support Specialist
The IT Support Specialist is the first responder for virtually all questions involving staff technology tools. This position applies procedures and policies while responding to the needs of the corporate community, looking to improve service delivery. The IT Support Specialist must maintain reasonable discipline, decorum and professional appearance in the work place and must keep up with current trends in technology.
- First-line staff support and customer service. Be present and available to staff and contractors requiring technical assistance, training, follow-up and support.
- Installs and/or removes hardware and/or software, following agreed policies and procedures. Tests hardware and software components affected, resolving malfunctions found and recording results.
- Direct calls to appropriate IT&S tier 2 staff as necessary. Work closely with other staff to resolve complicated issues in a timely and effective manner while sharing solutions and assisting other support team members in developing skills through cooperative work relationships.
- Learn and enforce all IT&S policies and standard operating procedures of the department while always looking to streamline and improve the department operations.
- Accurately log all Service Desk requests using Remedy Force ITSM tool. Maintain accurate entries with issue details and contact information and fully document resolutions.
- Build and maintain computers and other IT equipment for the corporation. Plan, test, document and support desktops, laptops, and other IT equipment and software.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, supplies and software.
- Manage the circulation of loaner, AV equipment and other materials as appropriate.
- Work with staff and outside vendors to support seminars, presentations, and training classes.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports of activities.
Nature of Work Contacts:
- Work closely with IT Operations staff on an on-going basis
- Work with selected vendors to receive and inventory purchases of goods and services
- Work with contract staff and representatives from other companies as required
- Work closely with all staff to provide prompt and effective support
Required Minimum Qualifications:
(a) Education: A Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field preferred, or any combination of training, education and experience which provides similar knowledge, abilities and skills.
(b) Experience: 4+ years of experience with computer setup, imaging and troubleshooting.
(c) Licenses, Certifications: ITIL, MCP, A+ or comparable certification is preferred.
(d) Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer support and communications skills required.
- Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical people.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills a must.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 & 10 and MS Office 2013 and above (O365 preferred).
- Working knowledge of antivirus, antispam and antispyware systems.
- Experience with Symantec Ghost or other imaging software.
- Experience with SharePoint and mobile Device Management preferred.
- Maintain regular and timely attendance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Fast paced working environment, extensive computer usage.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Travel up to 10 percent.