Our Government essential client, a food manufacturer in Klingerstown, PA is looking for a Desktop Technician to join the team on a 6 month contract to hire basis.
Currently this facility is supported by the NJ Desktop Technician who travels on a monthly basis (and up to once every other week) to support 100+ devices in PA.
This individual would be the sole IT Support person for this site and would be responsible for front and back-end support. To begin this person would be doing 80% end user support 20% back-end support and eventually roll into more of a 50/50 split.
The main goal is to have this individual go in an get the site 'cleaned up and up to speed' by coaching end users to utilize the help desk for password resets, etc.
Sharewell ticketing system
Win XP and 7 OS
HP Thin Clients
Cisco VOIP phones
Active Directory (admin/user rights experience)
- Daily walkthroughs in order to make sure that everything is working well and there aren't any specific issues with the users.
- Work with the Sharewell ticketing system in order to resolve tickets whether in person or via phone or email.
- Making sure to stay proactive and ensure that the systems are running smoothly.
- Projects: Work with the users in order to re-image 20+ PCs every year (not through SCCM)
- On-call rotation every 6 weeks: Their plant is 24/7 operations so they might need help during other shifts.
- Log how much time is spent on the Klingerstown plant vs. others as well as which issues.
- Run reports and do Firefox/Adobe/Chrome updates via SCCM.
- Use Cisco Jabber to talk to other team members (There are 10 folks total between all the locations as well as 5 people in the network Team, 2 server people, and 1 engineer)
**This person will need some type of scripting experience as light application packaging in Powershell/SCCM will be required.
**Customer service is also critical as they will be interacting with End-Users on a daily basis
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.