nTech Solutions, a leader in the recruitment of Information Technology professionals, has an immediate opening for an IT Support Technician in the Alexandria, VA 22314 area.
Terms of Employment
● W2 Contract, 3 Months Rolling
o Strong Permanent Conversion Potential
● nTech Benefits Snapshot
o Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
o Short & Long-Term Disability
Scope of Position
● Provides 100% remote (phone, chat and email) support in a Tier 1 capacity. According to the Hiring Manager, this person should be comfortable being at the Help Desk for 8 hours per day.
● Diagnoses internal and external inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of desktop and universal laptop computers and customized applications/systems.
● Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support to internal and external users/customers.
● Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate root cause analyses and recommend solutions using Remedy 7.6 IT Service Management Suite.
● Provides support for over 200 customized applications supporting over 10,000 users.
● Assists in the administration of remote user workstations and resolution of connectivity issues.
● Provides help desk and email support for local and off-site users.
● Maintains current knowledge of the Windows 7 and 10 desktop environment, networking, access technologies, and applications supporting end users.
● Installs, configures and upgrades computer hardware and software.