IT Technical Support Specialist
Travel will be required (within the Oshkosh Campus, only)
Physical Requirements: Will be carrying IT equipment for set-up (computers, monitors, mouse, etc.), transporting it to required Oshkosh location.
Work Hours: Flexible between 7am-5pm M-F, 40 hours per week required.
3 years MINIMUM experience and Associate's Degree Required
The Computer Services team manages computing platforms for the enterprise including desktop, laptop, thin-computing, mobile devices, digital signage, conference equipment, and workstation peripheral devices in the office and manufacturing environments. The Computer Services team provides 24x7 on call support, manages inventory and proper destruction of all supported systems, and ensures the compliance of all deployed and supported systems throughout the environment. As a member of this team, the Technical Support Specialist will work with end-users to address Information Technology client-side problems and requests impacting end-user productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
* Responsible for resolving moderately complex problems experienced by end-users working with company PCs, conference rooms, multi-function printers, thin client terminals, mobile devices, bar-code label printers and scanners.
* Procures, configures, and tests computer hardware and software to fulfill requests.
* Provides timely resolution of moderately complex problems or escalations on behalf of the end user.
* Provide cases status updates to management and end users.
* Interacts with third party service providers to resolve problems and fulfill requests.
* Evaluate requests for new software solutions.
* Monitor, gather, and provide recommendations for issues regarding product and technical support functions that affect diagnostics, quality, tooling, computer communication, etc.
* Perform tasks as assigned by the Project manager in compliance with End-Users Standards.
* Associate's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
* Three (3) or more years of experience in desktop support, service desk or related experience.
* Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
* Customer focused with ability to promptly answer support related email, phone calls, and other electronic communications.
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Strong organizational skill with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
* Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
* Relevant industry recognized certifications (Certified Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) - IT Infrastructure, Certified ITIL Foundation, etc.)