Description: IT Technology Engineer (TE)
Can be Remote, will require occasional travel 25%
3 Months Contract
The Technology Engineer (TE) will work with Service leadership, internal business partners, contact centers, other system engineers and 3rd party or internal developers to restore to operation a technology solution installed at an external customer's location. These resolutions can take the form of new software updates, validated workarounds or an approved solution article. The TE is focused on providing resolutions to escalated technology incidents which are re-usable and sustainable and enable the restoration of acceptable operating conditions at a customer location. The TE is considered an expert within a given technology area such as IT infrastructure components, Wi-Fi or Wired based networking or application software support.
- Conduct a regular review of escalated service requests to identify common causes or process improvements
- Participates in the resolution of escalated customer related service requests
- Engages customers verbally or through written email communication to gather further information and to determine severity of impact of escalated service requests
- Maintains a sense of urgency in the resolution of escalated service requests
- Engage 3rd party providers as needed to collaborate on the resolution of customer site issues
- Ensure that proper documentation has been completed as part of the resolution process for an escalated service request
- Provide recommendations on technologies or adoption of existing technologies to meet the objectives of a service
- Develop and rollout enhanced troubleshooting techniques or tools which help to meet and exceed written service level requirements or agreements
- Continuously looks for ways to improve the services through structured change management process (Continuous Improvement)
- Previous employment or consultative engagement with a Managed Service Provider (MSP) is desired.
- Experience with Service Management tools such as Service Now, Peregrine, HP Tools suite including Problem Management, Configuration Management, Project Portfolio Management
- Solid understanding of network security architecture and its impact on connected devices.
- Solid experience with Windows and Linux server configuration, virtualization and deployment
- 5+ years in the administration and operation of an IT network, such as firewalls, switches and routers or Wireless controllers, access points or a combination thereof
- 5+ years as a Technology Engineer or similar role supporting IT services around network infrastructure or application operations technologies.
- Familiarity with data flow diagrams and protocols such as UDP, TCP and MQTT
- Demonstrated ability to use diagnostic tools such as WireShark, TCPDump or similar
- ITIL Foundations Certified (v3/v4) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organization and customer services skills
- 25% travel is possible to customer locations throughout the United States as needed.