The IT Telecommunications Billing Analyst will participate in aspects of global telecommunication invoicing. This role is accountable for executing the review of invoices to validate accuracy of charges relating to contracts and to approve for payment. This role is also accountable to process billing disputes to resolution. Ability to communicate with external vendors is essential for success in this role.
The successful candidate will enable sustained long term cost efficiency and delivery target cost reduction by 2020.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Forensic analysis of telecom invoices inclusive of tracking, reviewing, auditing, optimizing, approving and processing for payment
• Ensure 100% capture and analysis of invoices for on-time processing
• Ability to manage heavy volumes and often complex telecom invoices and carrier bills
• Understanding of invoice, allocation, organizational hierarchy in relation to accounting practices
• Navigating carrier portals (wireline/wireless)
• Perform invoice audit, review and approval within desired SLA for accuracy and AP/GL file run
• Establish and maintain 100% telecom inventory integrity for each assigned client
• Provide constant external feedback to clients on savings opportunities and best practices in Telecom Management
• Provide timely, detailed and accurate reporting to external and internal audiences
• Ensure global alignment, synergies and strategies are maintained to the highest professional standard to realize the maximum benefit for the company.
• Work closely with IT, Finance and Accounts Payable departments.
• Work with multifunctional teams, provide input when needed relating to strategies and negotiations with suppliers that deliver completion and minimal risks to establish effective contracts working with the GBS Procurement organization.
• Participates in vendor management reviews to drive long term value and innovation, measure performance and establish plans for continuous improvement as well as cost reductions when applicable.
• Identify and participate in process improvement activities.
• Uses various research tools to perform market/vendor research and develop subject matter expertise.
• Provide timely, detailed and accurate reporting to external and internal audiences.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously; prioritize work and escalation of issues and risks to senior management.
• Adhere to policies, procedures and standards including but not limited to Guiding Principles, Project management, Change Management, Internal and External Compliance such as Health & Safety, Quality, Regulatory, Finance and support
SCOPE OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
For Funds, Costs or Profits: It is not anticipated that this role will have any direct budgetary responsibility, however this individual will be responsible for supporting the project leaders and departments in reaching their objectives with time and budget allocations.
This position will be asked to work in cross-functional teams as well as lead small teams within a project environment
For Internal and External Relationships:
Internal: Frequently interacts with company personnel of all levels. This includes GBS, Legal and Finance
External: Interacts with vendors regularly maintaining working relationships and managing performance expectations.
For Organization Influence:
With excellent interpersonal skills and communication ability the job holder must win the confidence of individuals at all levels, both inside and outside of the group, to foster teamwork and vision for the growth of the organization.
A big picture thinker, the successful candidate will have the capacity to isolate issues for his/her team and help the organization to focus on implementing both top-level, strategic solutions as well as the day-to-day tactics that are necessary for success.
The successful candidate will not hesitate to “get into the fray” in an active way, and will both champion ideas and accept disagreement with maturity and with the good of the business at heart.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or information systems
• 5+ years of related experience in procurement, IT vendor management and finance
• Must be proficient in the delivering services in Global environment with geographically distributed teams
• Must have experience is working with IT product vendors and partners as well as IT invoicing
• Maintain knowledge of technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
• Strong English language skills required
• IT in a FDA, SOX regulated environment is required.
CRITICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Leadership & Sell the Vision: The job holder must be seen as a credible business partner by peers and the ITLT (IT Leadership Team). Strong leadership will be required to perform effectively as a global shared service. Passionately selling an organizational strategy; creating a clear view of the future state by helping others understand and feel how things will be different when the future vision is achieved.
Management Skills: Not Applicable
Communication & Influencing: The job holder must clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. An individual with excellent interpersonal skills and influencing ability who can win the confidence of individuals at all levels, both inside and outside of the organization. Coordinate with ITLT communications person concerning enterprise communications.
Teamwork: An individual who can work effectively in a collaborative environment and foster teamwork with their peer group, their team and with business / functional leaders. Job holder must be comfortable with working in an environment with influence without authority.
Technical Expertise: The job holder must have a background in successful information technology vendor management. IT technology product vendors, IT services vendors, Establishing master services agreement, interactions with Legal counsel including ability to review legal documents.
Business Acumen: The job holder should possess strong analytical and process management skills and have a broad understanding of group business strategy and operations. He/she must be able to clearly articulate the business value proposition for all IT enabled business solution initiatives considered by the Investment Management process.
• Team Leadership. Using influence in executing game plans to get agreement with objectives. Encourages and facilitates cooperation and results-orientation. Fosters an environment of collaboration. Inspires, motivates, and guides team members. Foster commitment, team spirit, pride, and trust.
• Results Oriented. Sets and accomplishes challenging goals. Defines standards in terms of doing what is appropriate and doing it well. Competes resourcefully and takes calculated risks to achieve results.
• Building Strategic Working Relationships. Builds both formal and informal professional networks. Maintains and extends networks within, across and external to the organizational boundaries. Obtains and shares information, ideas and problems. Solicits advice, support, championship, sponsorship and commitment that result in smooth transitions of change and the development of mutually acceptable solutions.
• Problem Analysis & Innovation. Forming an opinion or making a decision through careful testing of assumptions and facts; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences. Using new ways of thinking about situations, problems and opportunities to seek out innovative solutions and championing continuous improvement in all aspects of the business.
• Influence & Gaining Commitment. Using influence in developing and executing game plans to get agreement with objectives. Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
• Customer Focus. Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships. Knowledge of the external environment in which the Company's business is conducted. Includes ability to offer a broad perspective that extends beyond a particular functional discipline (e.g., marketing, finance) and draw upon knowledge that comes from frequent interaction with different departments, employees and sources and constituencies outside of the Company.
• Planning and Organizing. Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
• Must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Skype). Experience with SAP and Tangoe is preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
$50.00 - $59.50 /Hour
IT & Technical