LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
As a Summer IT Business Analyst you will participate in our structured College Internship Program. The program has been designed to expose the student to multiple disciplines of information technology within a large enterprise over a condensed two and a half (2.5) month period. At the end of the internship, the student will present the results of their cumulative internship project to the IT Senior Management team. Interns will be supported by key IT staff and all work will be performed under the supervision of a senior staff member.
Your summer internship will allow you to concentrate on the design, automation and integration of one or more business processes to create value through productivity gains, improved business performance and improved decision support. The Summer IT Business Analyst will collaborate between Information Technology and one or more business groups for the purpose of achieving sustained improvements.Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate in day-to-day support activities of your assigned organization
- Actively participate in scheduled maintenance activities to ensure systems and infrastructure reliability, utilizing best practices and other methodologies to improve work process performance and results
- If available, participate in technology and vendor reviews and assessments for new technology
- Under guidance of management, execute established operational work processes and procedures to support and maintain information technology systems and infrastructure
- Consult with other experienced technologists to understand stakeholder impacts resulting from technology change
- Document procedures and technical designs for new initiatives; present that documentation to peers and senior management
- Conduct all activities in compliance with Enterprise and Information Technology policies, guidelines, procedures, work processes and internal controls
- Learn how to ensure that applications and infrastructure are dependable, available when needed, and perform as expected
- Work with your manager mentor to assist a key projects or initiative
- Drive standardization and proactively recommend improvements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status
- Working toward a Bachelor's degree in a MIS, CS or other related Business field
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio)
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks and academic projects effectively, engaging in conflict resolution and routinely interacting in cross-functional groups
- Effective at transferring technical knowledge within a small group or larger team.
- Prior working experience preferred
Not Eligible for Referral Bonus.
Nearest Major Market: Houston