LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
LyondellBasell is looking for an ITS Business Analyst with an expertise in Finance and Accounting to assist our Client Business Solutions (CBS) team in the Global Information Technology Services department. This position will lead business process, information technology consulting support, systems integration and implementation to the client group for Accounting and Finance Departments.Roles & Responsibilities
Achieve primary result in design, automation and integration of the business processes to create value through productivity gains. Improve business performance and decision support. Collaborate between IT Business Solutions Group and Finance Departments to achieve sustained improvement. Responsible for leading consulting services and works to develop a trusting and influential relationship with senior business leaders. Involves active, hands-on participation in diverse, regional and global ITS project teams to implement ITS projects. This is a demanding role that involves managing multiple projects, juggling multiple priorities and interfacing at all levels of the organization.
The ITS Business Analyst anticipates business needs and proactively provides strategically aligned alternatives. The position requires significant interaction with leaders in the company, strategic aptitude, with financial and analytic skills, and ability to effectively communicate and facilitate decisions.
High level summary of key tasks includes:
- Lead process design activities with business groups within a specific business process area and/or cross-functional teams to enable achievement of key operating objectives;
- Gather business requirements through leading or participating in system blueprint and design sessions;
- Document, prioritize and sanitize business requirements that are aligned with ITS strategies;
- Oversee and provide support during project execution, testing, go-live and hypercare phases;
- Oversee on-going operational activities to ensure compliance with our stage gate methodology, operations, and internal controls;
- Work with accounting and finance groups to improve operational excellence and lower cost operations.
An example of the duties performed on recent projects:
- Meeting with business team to understand pain points and process issues
- Working through charter to define the project, update scope, initial requirements, benefits of project, secure resources, and document business case
- After project kick-off, work with business team on capturing requirements, determining in-scope and out-of-scope items, must-haves and nice-to-haves, drafting AS IS process map and TO BE process map
- Leading meetings with external vendors and ITS team as well as meetings with the business
- Meeting with ITS development team resources to review requirements, review development options, and assist in design of solution
Will need to have flexibility to work outside the standard 8 AM - 5 PM working hours to facilitate and drive the project completion with our US, EU and Asia stakeholders. Will need to be available during extended hours to provide technology support which requires being available early mornings to support European team and late evenings to support Asia and Australia.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years of technical, business, accounting, or finance experience in increasingly responsible positions.
- Experience leading a technology project (Ex: automation or software implementation)
- Experience as an administrator or power user of a financial system (SAP, HFM, Oracle, BW, OneSource, OneStream, etc.)
Demonstrates significant relevant experience in the following:
- Combination of business process re-engineering and/or IT systems implementation is required.
- Experience and demonstrable understanding of end-to-end business process in finance
- HFM and SAP (specifically, SAP FICO); extensive experience and knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Familiar with various technologies and curiosity in learning new systems. Aptitude to learn technologies being introduced or developed within the company including software products such as Microsoft Business Intelligence software (PowerPivot, PowerQuery, etc.) and SharePoint.
- Advanced Excel skills are REQUIRED, along with ability to create macros and experience with complex formulas. Microsoft Access experience is preferred and experience with creating queries, transforming data and completing calculations on large amounts of data.
- Experience creating Excel applications and financial data models and Tableau Dashboards a plus. Data warehousing, process improvements, data blending and data analytics.
- Six Sigma skills to facilitate excellent execution in projects and initiate process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, or Computer Information Systems
- CPA, Six Sigma or relevant IT certification highly preferred.
- Big 4 or consulting experience.
- Agile experience, a plus
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston