LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
LyondellBasell is looking for a full-time, direct hire ITS Business Analyst with expertise in Supply Chain and Logistics Execution to join our Supply Chain and Commercial team within the Information Technology Services (ITS) department. LyondellBasell's ITS team is a dynamic group dedicated to providing cost effective and technically advanced solutions to support the Company's global businesses. Join a team recognized in the industry for compliance and security expertise, on-time project delivery and outstanding customer service.
The Business Analyst will work with internal business clients supporting our Supply Chain and Commercial operations. The Business Analyst, through continuous consultation with the functional areas, has a deep understanding of business operations and is capable of articulating solutions in business terms and not technical jargon. The Business Analyst is capable of envisioning potential value for new IT solutions. He or she also assists in the development of the business case to justify the new investment. While a Business Analyst has a deep understanding of specific business areas, that expertise is set into a broader context of understanding of the business processes that may cross functional boundaries.
The Business Analyst is responsible for the gathering of business requirements to ensure business objectives are met by the new IT solutions during the design, development and execution of projects. The Business Analyst must ensure the full systems lifecycle process is adhered to, overseeing solutions through the entire implementation process. He or she must be proficient in Project Management disciplines from requirements gathering through implementation of the functional solution. This includes communicating requirements and issues effectively to the technology team to resolve issues in a timely manner. The Business Analyst advocates for their clients and acts as the single point of contact for incident management, new services and resource allocation
The individual is responsible for leading consulting services and works to develop a trusting and influential relationship with business key stakeholders within Supply Chain functions. This position combines functional and technical knowledge to help customers develop/select solutions that improve their operations.
This position reports to the ITS Portfolio Manager and is located in Downtown Houston at our North American headquarters and offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy, and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Actively lead process design activities with business groups within Supply Chain process area and/or cross-functional teams to enable achievement of key operating objectives.
- Regularly identify and articulate process improvement opportunities as a result of partnering with the business users.
- Work closely with business users to document clear business requirements to support improvement opportunities.
- Work with ITS technical teams in the identification, design, development and implementation of automation alternatives.
- Oversee on-going operational activities like enhancements and incidents to ensure compliance with ITS stage gate methodology, operations, and internal controls.
- Collaboratively work with other cross functional groups to improve operational excellence and lower cost operations.
Other Areas of Accountability
- Internal Consultancy Services: Managing Enhancements, Incidents, General Functional and Unlisted Software Requests. Create business requirement documents, evaluate solution alternatives, and create funding proposals.
- Project/Enhancement Delivery: Project Management of small to medium projects. Utilizing a standard SDLC process to consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and with quality and agreed upon scope.
- Customer Communication: Provide monthly reports, act as a site liaison and field service partner to increase the awareness of ITS activity and capabilities.
- Incident Management: Be an advocate of the customer to solve non-routine issues, identifying trends and general incident reduction by engaging various ITS functions.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4+ years' of business and/or management experience in increasingly responsible positions.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP (SD, MM) is essential.
- Good knowledge in Logistic provider integration
- Exposure to several of the following Supply Chain functions:
- Order Fulfillment
- Batch Management
- Pick, pack, ship
- Transportation planning and sourcing
- Logistic provider integration
- Inventory Management
- Plant and storage location set up
- Candidate must demonstrate an understanding of end-to-end business processes in Supply Chain.
- Be a credible partner with LyondellBasell Business Process and Supply Chain department internal customers.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a related business function such as IT, Supply Chain or other relative discipline, preferred.
- Expertise in SAP Transportation Management is a plus
- Working experience in a large, global company would be highly beneficial.
- Experience working with other systems e.g. SharePoint, Microsoft Project would be an added advantage.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston