LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
The Business Analyst is a key position in the discovery and delivery of business solutions from Information Technology. The Business Analyst, through continuous consultation with the functional areas, has a deep understanding of business operations and is capable of articulating solutions in business terms and not technical jargon. The Business Analyst is capable of envisioning potential value for new ITS solutions. The Business Analyst will assist in the development of the business case to justify the new investment. While a Business Analyst has a deep understanding of specific business areas, that expertise is set into a broader context of understanding of the business processes that may cross functional boundaries.
The Business Analyst is an individual contributor who is responsible for the gathering of business requirements to ensure business objectives are met by the new ITS solutions and is often a team member during the design, development and execution of enhancements/small projects. The Business Analyst must ensure the full systems lifecycle process is adhered to, overseeing solutions through the entire implementation process. He or she must be proficient in Project Management disciplines from requirements gathering through implementation of the functional solution. This includes communicating requirements and issues effectively to the technology team to resolve issues in a timely manner. The Business Analyst advocates for their clients and acts as the single point of contact for incident management, new services and resource allocation.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position reports to the Operations Manager and supports ITS Business Partners. They typically are aligned to specific business functions or organizations. They are responsible for developing and maintaining a trusted business relationship driving the greatest possible business value from ITS investments.
Specific areas of responsibility and influence include:
- Gathers and performs thorough analyses of all the information available
- Maintains client relationship within client groups
- Works closely with clients to quickly understand new requirements or problems and then suggest a possible solution
- Participates in solution design activities with client groups in a specific business area to create and to document the business requirements
- Oversees and follows up enhancements and small projects implementation activities including development and testing; working with functional and technical developers to ensure business requirements are clear and development activities are on schedule
- Develops test cases and performs testing to ensure requirements are met for system modifications or data extracts
- Consults with the clients on appropriate change management activities to achieve organizational readiness for the implementation of changes
- Demonstrates leadership by coordinating the requirements, specifications, and user acceptance testing efforts
- Participates in development of short term plans/budgets
- Supports incident and problem management for assigned functional areas and clients groups in support of on-going operations ensuring the resolution of aged items
- Seeks systemic solutions for recurring problems
- Supports quarterly enhancement cycle process
- Responsible for timely renewals of software maintenance agreements
Bachelor's Degree in related discipline strongly preferred or commiserate years of experience.
Required experience, skills, professional attributes and qualities include the following:
- 1+ years of solutions and multiple domain experience with increasing levels of leadership responsibility in systems analysis, defining technical requirements, and performing high level design for complex solutions
- 1+ years of work experience in a roles that had a high level of client or end-user engagement with experience in both support and formal or informal leadership
- Experience in SAP is highly recommended
- Business process experience in the areas of Record to Report, Procure to Pay and/or Human Resources is a plus
- Experience in the Petrochemical Industry with strong business acumen
Leadership, Communication and Relationship
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team leadership with ability to motivate and resolve conflict
- Goal driven, action oriented
- Business acumen
- When needed, can say 'no' by offering meaningful alternatives
- Understand the drivers of organizational change and interdependencies among all the moving parts
ITS Savvy and Value Oriented
- Value Oriented, understands technology is a tool with overriding goal of business success
- Prioritize and align the service/project investment portfolio with business strategy
- Partners closely with business partners to analyze new projects and readiness for governance decisions and provides transparency of portfolio investments
- Understand available capabilities and services and work with supply to ensure business needs are met effectively and cost efficiently
- More than an 'order taker' they are demand shapers - stimulating, surfacing and shaping business demand
- Well-grounded in Service Management - represent ITS to the business
- Communicate and defend ITS policies and standards, and understand how ITS services benefit the business
This position conducts business in more than 6 countries or in areas/communities that have strong, unique ethnic/cultural traditions. Domestic and international travel of 5% is possible.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston