LyondellBasell is looking for a full-time, direct hire ITS Business Partner with expertise in Treasury Operations to join our Global Corporate Solutions (GCS) team within the Information Technology Services (ITS) department.
LyondellBasell's ITS team is a dynamic group dedicated to providing cost effective and technically advanced solutions to support the Company's global businesses. Join a team recognized in the industry for compliance and security expertise, on-time project delivery and outstanding customer service.
This position reports to the ITS Portfolio Manager and is located in Downtown Houston at our North American headquarters and offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy, and employee discounts.
- The ITS Business Partner is a business savvy leader capable of shaping and influencing business demand for ITS. This is a senior position that works directly with business managers and leaders to identify, define, shape and integrate demand for new projects and services.
- The individual is responsible for leading consulting services and works to develop a trusting and influential relationship with senior business leaders within Finance and Treasury. This position combines functional and technical knowledge to help customers develop/select solutions that improve their operations.
- This senior position involves active, hands-on participation in diverse, regional and global ITS project teams consisting of highly effective resources to implement ITS projects. This is a demanding role that involves managing multiple projects, juggling multiple priorities and interfacing at all levels of the organization.
- Actively lead process design activities with business groups within Treasury process area and/or cross-functional teams to enable achievement of key operating objectives.
- Regularly identify and articulate process improvement opportunities as a result of partnering with the business users.
- Work closely with business users to document clear business requirements to support improvement opportunities.
- Gather business requirements through leading or participating in system blueprint and design sessions.
- Prioritize and sanitize business demands / requirements to align with ITS core systems, platforms and automation strategies.
- Work with ITS technical teams in the identification, design, development and implementation of automation alternatives.
- Oversee and provide support during ITS project execution, testing, go-live and hypercare phases.
- Oversee on-going operational activities to ensure compliance with ITS stage gate methodology, operations, and internal controls.
- Collaboratively work with Treasury, Accounting and other finance groups to improve operational excellence and lower cost operations.
Other Areas of Accountability
- Internal Consultancy Services: Managing Projects, Enhancements, General Functional and Unlisted Software Requests. Create business requirement documents, evaluate solution alternatives, and create funding proposals.
- Portfolio Management: Develop long-term planning of ITS solutions and systems that align with business priorities. Also called 'Programs of Work,' these provide a clear framework and direction for ITS activities supporting each business segment.
- Project/Enhancement Delivery: Project Management of small to medium projects. Utilizing a standard SDLC process to consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and with quality and agreed upon scope.
- Customer Communication: Provide monthly reports, act as a site liaison and field service partner to increase the awareness of ITS activity and capabilities.
- Incident Management: Be an advocate of the customer to solve non-routine issues, identifying trends and general incident reduction by engaging various ITS functions.
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in a related business function such as IT, Finance, Accounting or other relative discipline.
- 8+ years' of business and/or management experience in increasingly responsible positions.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP (ECC, FI-CO and/or SAP TRM modules) is essential.
- Experience in some combination of business process re-engineering, change management and/or IT systems implementation as they relate to corporate Finance functions.
- Exposure to several of the following Treasury Operation functions along with a firm understanding of General Accounting:
- Cash management, Electronic Banking solutions, In-House cash
- Payment processing, Liquidity management
- Fixed income trading
- Debt and investments
- Intercompany netting
- Derivatives and hedging
- Candidate must demonstrate an understanding of end-to-end business processes in Finance and in Treasury (front-office, middle office and back office Treasury processes).
- Be a credible partner with LyondellBasell Treasury department internal customers.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills to become a uniting force that can articulate and sell the benefits of solutions.
- Skilled in communication with various organizational levels. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be capable of establishing influential and collaborative relationships at various organizational levels.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal guidance and display strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity in order to get work completed.
- Working experience in a large, publicly held multi-national company would be highly beneficial.
- Experience working with other systems e.g. Mysis, Bloomberg, Reuters Data Services, SharePoint, Microsoft Project would be an added advantage.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.