LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Deliver IT services on a local level including installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, IP Phones and printers) to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required. The primary result is that information technology systems are accessible and perform at agreed to service levels so that people are connected with the right information at the right time to enable better, faster decision making throughout the enterprise.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform analysis and diagnostics of problems and implement corrective solutions for end users.
- Provide on-site or remote technical support services for end users and act as next level escalation point which are not first call resolved through the IT Service Desk.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end user workstations, IP Phones and related hardware and software.
- Assist with server, network and audio/video equipment installations, troubleshooting and movement of existing equipment of these types when necessary.
- Assist with troubleshooting mobile devices for on-site and/or travelling users.
- Escalate unsolved issues/problems to tier 3 support team.
- Document the situational facts, activities, communication and agreements during troubleshooting activities.
- Coordinate third party vendors for on-site maintenance and/or incident visits.
- Execute end user workstation, IP Phones and related hardware lifecycles.
- Assist with server, network and audio/video equipment lifecycles.
- Manage equipment inventory and keep administration of all equipment, their location and status.
- Perform physical asset validation.
- Educate others on IT best practice procedures.
- Coordinate and perform end-user training for special IT projects.
- Represent IT to the business for delivery of IT services at our sites.
- Communication and coordination with the business regarding IT cost transparency and potential savings
- Work assigned shifts and off-duty, on-call shifts as required.
- Participate in small/short-term projects supporting business activities, technology upgrades, rollouts, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Business with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience, or a non-degreed professional with a high school diploma or GED and five (5) plus years relevant experience.
- Strong workstation and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Windows Operation Systems for workstations.
- Knowledge of Cisco IP Telephony.
- Understanding of IT infrastructure and how different components interact.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work with both end-users and team members.
- Resourceful, customer focused, team player, and reliable strong initiative and self-motivated.
- Recent corporate business support experience in a rapidly paced environment
- Experience in the chemical industry
- Support in a chemical manufacturing site
- Cisco IP phone management to include Call Manager Console
- WebEx support and service delivery
- Desktop imaging and delivery
- Experience with Office 365 strongly preferred.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston