The ITSM Application Administrator is responsible for implementing the long-term vision of the ServiceNow platform for the University. This position partners with academic and business units within the University to understand business needs, implement new workflows and support ServiceNow to help meet their objectives. This position provides expert technical guidance to others within the Application Support team. In addition, this position works closely with vendors for issue resolution, oversees quality assurance and oversees application availability and security.
- Responsible for all aspects of the lifecycle of the ServiceNow platform, including design, development, planning, implementation, configuration, and ongoing support
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues within the ServiceNow platform
- Responsible for the development of workflows and applications within the ServiceNow platform, which support the streamlining and automation of business processes
- Responsible for developing and maintaining integrations between the ServiceNow platform and external systems
- Responsible for monitoring and managing platform upgrades, development, QA, and production environments
- Responsible for developing and maintaining documentation related to the ServiceNow platform
- Responsible for producing reports and dashboards based on defined measures, metrics and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for recommending improvements regarding the platform, processes, or reporting
- Responsible for user management and support related to the ServiceNow platform
- Manages and maintains relationships with key departments throughout the University to understand business needs, implement solutions and support customers
- Vendor management and communication for escalation of critical issues and support of new system implementation and determination of root cause analysis
- Collaborates closely with project managers to provide updates on project progress and communicate issues that may impact project success
- Recommends and contributes to development of best practices and standard operating procedures and provides technical expertise for Application Support team