Responsible for following all policies, procedures,protocols and regulations within the Anatomical Pathology Immunohisto ChemistryDepartment with regards to the quality control (QC) processing and staining ofspecimens.
Follow all Integrated Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
Organizes set-up of cases for testing, to include clericalduties of logging in of all tests processed.
Set up Research and Development assays as assigned to thedaily caseload.
Set up QC assays such as titer checks for new reagent lots,Proficiency Testing, Validations to be added to daily caseload.
Review and performs all quantity control steps and reportsall observances according to SOP.
Performs Corrective Action or document on allnon-conformance
Reviews all IHC requisitions for the day and checks for:
Loads buffers and reagents on Immunostainers, utilizingestablished protocols.
Performs all pretreatment techniques.
Loads slide holders and verify accuracy.
Loads slides on the Immunostainers and runs assignedprotocols.
Runs Immunostainers using assigned protocols.
Unloads stainers and slide holders performing QCobservations and troubleshoots if necessary.
Performs counterstain and coverslip of slides.
Compiles slides according to the case requisitions andperform QC steps.
Sign-out process utilizing the Laboratory InformationSystem.
Organizes and cleans work areas.
1. Maintainsupdated stock of the most frequently requested ready-to-use solutions.
2. Preparesall buffers and reagents for specimen processing.
3. Re-stockall supplies and working solutions.
Equipment Maintenance and Operation
1. Slide Stainer
3. pH meter.
4. Fume Hood/Fume Absorber
8. Magnetic Stirrer.
11. Water System.
1. Responsiblefor providing positive and negative controls for each assay and specimen.
2. Makessure all reagents and solutions are properly dated and labeled.
3. InventoryControl – Ensures a consistent supply of reagents and consumables is always onhand by requesting supplies in a timely manner.
4. Performall inventory control procedures.
5. Documentsdaily performance criteria of reagents and equipment.
6. FollowGood Documentation Practices.
Performs and evaluates technical trouble shooting procedures on all systems within the department.
1. Responsiblefor the knowledge and practice of safety SOP’s in the laboratory.
2. Maintainsa neat and orderly work area.
3. Understandsand adheres to compliance requirements and policies.
4. Creates,maintains and promotes safe and secure work practices.
5. Maintainsproper documentation and compliance for Satellite Accumulation Areas.
6. Controlsexposure to hazardous chemicals and other safety hazards such as:
b. Strong and obnoxious fumes.
c. Sharp and dangerous blades and needles.
d. Biohazard exposure to fresh/frozen specimens
Personal Work Contact
1. Reportsto the APIHC Supervisor/Manager/Director.
2. Takesdirection from peers and/or senior staff.
3. Trainsstaff assigned to the IHC laboratory.
4. Interfaceswith other departments as it pertains to specimen processing or othercooperative efforts.
5. Workscollaboratively with peers, colleagues and managers to achieve shared goals.
6. Demonstratesrespect for diverse backgrounds and cultures.
7. Maintainprofessional and cooperative work relationship with staff.
8. Adheresto all department, site and company’s policies and procedures.