Responsibilities and Duties
* Follow all safety requirements defined by customer and Cleints.
* Support performance of Client's equipment operating in OEM manufacturing plants throughout North America performing process audits.
* This position requires a large amount of travel within North America including Canada and Mexico. Plant support will typically be in 2 to 4 week increments but for certain builds it will be longer. Based on schedule, multiple plants will need to be supported back to back at times. Travel is usually planned ahead of time but may change if plant builds/needs change. Flexibility is required to extend support or support unplanned travel on a short notice if plants have concerns that need immediate attention. Plant support may require long days to cover customer requirements.
* Support is provided on-site and remotely and may be planned or unplanned (e.g. new concern). Team supports new plant concerns via calls/texts/emails on 7 * 24 basis. Investigate concerns and work with team to resolve, these may or may not be due to circumstances beyond Client's control. Work through concern with others as a team.
* Own concerns through resolution. This includes analyzing data sources (e.g. technical emails, log files, vehicle status, historic data) while investigating and troubleshooting concerns. Work with internal engineering/operations team and various customers as required during the process. Verify resolution of concern once ICA/PCA is implemented. Update process documentation as required with lessons learned.
* Provide daily status updates to team. Reports vary by project. Build support reports typically include run rate, FTT, faults for all failed vehicles and information from repair on what they did on each failed vehicle. For unplanned SLA work, define time frame of concern, number of vehicles impacted, cause of concern, how it was resolved and whether it was an ICA or PCA. Urgent items may require support of daily meetings. During plant support user may represent Clients in daily plant meetings/calls to provide status on concerns.
* Work alone in sometimes stressful environments with a wide range of personalities to analyze and resolve concerns. Key is using data to stay focused on largest concern and work with others in a productive manner to analyze and resolve concern. It's key to be an active member to resolve concerns when sometimes they may not be Client's concern. The goal is to fix the concern as a team no matter if it's a Client, supplier or customer root cause.
* Monitor all equipment being used on project to ensure everything is performing at acceptable levels. Pull and report any suspect faulty equipment.
* Build and maintain a positive working relationship/rapport in face-to-face and remote conditions with customer and management to ensure all needs are being met.
* Train customers on use of tool, web site, reports, fishbones, etc.
* Track and submit time and expenses on a weekly basis against the defined project.
* Miscellaneous product support (e.g. repair process, reporting, inventory management, etc.).
Desired Skills and Experience
* Must be able and willing to travel (as outlined above) to support planned and unplanned requests as well as supporting plant concerns on a 7 * 24 hour basis. Plant support may require long hours each day.
* Proficient in hardware and software troubleshooting. Must be able to read technical emails, log files, etc., investigate/troubleshoot concerns while working with internal engineering/operations teams, and customers (local and remote). Key is using data to stay focused on analyzing concern and identifying ICA and PCAs. This includes analyzing wi-fi concerns with working plant IT.
* Some vehicle experience is required. Knowledge of Ford vehicle diagnostics and the ability to analyze CAN logs are a plus.
* Ability to build and maintain a positive working relationship/rapport in face-to-face and remote conditions with customers, peers and superiors to ensure all needs are being met. A pleasing personality is a must!
* Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills. These skills are needed to work with internal teams and customers at different levels in the organization. Must be able communicate with a wide range of people, those who are technical and those who are in non-technical roles.
* Proficient in Microsoft office tools (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook) and information technology skills.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.