In this role, responsibilities will include disbursement of all indirect loans from various channels to achieve department goals while working to develop business relationships with our vendors through superior service. The successful candidate must display a high level of integrity, communicate effectively and show initiative with resolving outstanding delays and following up on pending loan applications.
- Consistently adhere to department level standards funding indirect dealer loans by end of business day
- Identify irregularities and fraud, address conflicts with member/dealer and advise manager and Internal Audit of suspicious findings
- Ability to meet and/or exceed assigned quarterly quality control and annual funding goals
- Customer service phone management responsible for following up with dealers proactively to resolve delays, and secure pending loan applications for Patelco financing instead other financials
- Responsible for interviewing new members to verify purchase and accessories, securing documentation to meet loan stipulations, reviewing and discussing loan terms and payment method options, and answering questions and resolving problems swiftly
- Responsible for providing information for secondary reviews on indirect auto loan applications with CUDL Buyers and Central Lending, responding promptly and professionally to branch/department inquiries
- Understand the terminology of the automobile business
- Verify and update applicant(s), collateral, and loan term information on Loan Operating System
- Stay abreast on internal Patelco changes that affect tasks related to the processing and funding of indirect auto loans, comprehending all loan policies, and following all loan procedures
- Complete various servicing as needed including but not limited to processing of Adverse Action letters, Disbursement Letters, Negotiable controls and audits, and sending files to imaging
- Understand and comply with all applicable federal and state laws and banking regulations (including those related to OFAC and Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering compliance) and Patelco Credit Union's policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma/GED
- Two year minimum of consumer lending experience; indirect auto lending preferred
- Possession of strong customer service and sales skills
- Excellent computer skills MS Windows and MS Office (Word & Excel)
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Well organized, team-player, self-motivated and flexible with working hours based on volume
- Ability to multi-task and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability and desire to thrive in a challenging fast paced work environment
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to Patelco's shared values including service passion, integrity, teamwork, resourcefulness, engagement, and empowerment
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages
- Ability to understand and define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Takes responsibility for own work problems and issues
- Demonstrate ability to identify a problem and determine appropriate solution
- Maintain ability to be open to constructive feedback and ongoing training