Job Posting Title: Industrial Engineer I
Job Location: Appleton, Wisconsin 54914
Duration : 12 + months project with possibility for further extension
- Industrial Engineer under moderate supervision, provides Industrial Engineering support through the application of classical and Lean Industrial Engineering principles.
- Industrial Engineer supports analysis with area Management to establish and maintain daily work activities.
- Support analysis with area Management, support staff, and Material Control to design and maintain part presentation requirements and procedures.
- Assist in identification of equipment, machinery, and facilities acquisition including justifications and economic analysis to support Operational, Safety and Quality initiatives.
- Assist in development and maintenance of Tool Box requirements and contents to include tool control, FOD prevention measures tool requirements matched to area tasks.
- Apply 3D print capability to assist in resolution of technical issues (shop aids, Protect the Product, etc.)
- Provide business case analysis in support of projects to include make/buy, MCR, Engineering Changes, Tooling requests.
- Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic initiatives as required.
- Implement plant layout, process flow, and material handling techniques.
- Support area Management in generating orders/requests for Tooling including management of tool priorities.
- Investigate, evaluate, and implement facilities expansions, department rearrangements, new technologies and manufacturing techniques, and employee suggestions.
- Industrial Engineer develops and maintain work place methods and manpower requirements.
- Assist in the training and development of entry-level industrial engineering personnel.
- As required, aid in development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering models and facility layouts.
- Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CATIA, etc.