Job title: Industrial Engineer
Location: Monroeville, Pennsylvania 15146
Duration: 12 Months contract
- Operation of the pilot plant dryers.
- Involves reading gauges, initializing the flame, adjusting pump rates, adjusting silica slurries to reach solids targets, clearing out clogged nozzles, recognizing when to adjust temperature & feed rate to meet targets, collecting samples and measuring moisture, accurately labelling all samples produced, submitting containers for physical testing.
- Use of analytical techniques to characterize various powder to determine density, pore size, particle size, surface area and others.
- Operation of silica pilot plant precipitators. Involves adjusting pump rates, performing titrations, setting temperature and ventilation airflow, adjusting/changing feed lines, general maintenance.
- Use an internal rubber mixer to produce rubber compounds and use an array of analytical techniques to characterize rubber materials for tear strength, abrasion mechanical and rheological properties.
- Completion of annual preventative maintenance items and participation in ISO 9001 audits as requested and required by the business.
- Ensuring all measuring devices under ISO 9001 receive their calibration certificates and record keeping.
- Occasional interfacing with field plant sites to solve issues.
- Working as part of a team to ensure compliance with EH&S safety and housekeeping guidelines.
- Maintaining an accurate log of all precipitation and drying experiments.
- Maintaining samples in an organized, responsible, clearly marked manner with a focus on quality.
- Handling complex tasks. Must show ability to complete 5-10 tasks that may be associated with a given order without supervision.
- Scale-up recipes from labs to pilot plant.
- Ability to regularly lift 20-30 pounds associated with filter press plates, bags of silica, canisters, etc.
- Must be able to wear respirator during some chemical processes.
Education and Other Qualifications Required:
- AS or BS degree in Chemistry or Engineering.
- Preferred 2-4 years' experience in an industrial setting