Aerotek is currently hiring an Industrial Engineer for a Tier 1 Automotive Supplier in Upper Sandusky, OH and this position will be a Direct Hire placement. Responsibilities & qualifications are listed below:
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and work-space to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Coordinate and implement quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Confer with clients, vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, or project status.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Complete production reports, purchase orders, and material, tool, and equipment lists.
- Record or oversee recording of information to ensure currency of engineering drawings and documentation of production problems.
- Evaluate precision and accuracy of production and testing equipment and engineering drawings to formulate corrective action plan.
- Acquired a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- +4 years of experience as an Industrial Engineer in a Manufacturing environment preferably automotive industry.
Placement Type: Direct Hire
Salary: $70,000 - $80,000
Work Schedule: Day Shift
Work Environment: Automotive manufacturing facility with +10 manufacturing lines
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.