Our Industrial Engineers are responsible for designing factory, equipment or machine layouts and labor utilization planning in order to coordinate production plans and activities to ensure products meet quality standards while minimizing production problems and costs; Developing and maintaining manufacturing processes for maximizing space, efficiency, and effectiveness; and ensuring compliance with industry safety and design standards and guidelines.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing and services
- Figure out how to manufacture parts or products, or deliver services, with maximum efficiency
- Develop management control systems to make labor planning, financial planning and cost analysis more efficient
- Enact quality control procedures to resolve production problems or minimize costs
- Work with customers and management to develop standards for design and production
- Design control systems to coordinate activities and production planning to ensure that products meet quality standards
- Confer with customers about product specifications, vendors about purchases, management personnel about manufacturing capabilities, and staff about the status of projects
- Will assist and/or lead in research and development of new products, processes or CAPEX projects
- Will develop and modify equipment to meet the department's production, quality or layout requirements
- Will assist in new building selection and fit out to meet customer and manufacturing specifications
- Continuous review and improvement of existing cost and client satisfaction processes
- Help manage operations capital investment portfolio and demonstrate annualized cost optimization
- Experience with Time Studies, Process improvements & Line balancing
- Knowledge in Warehouse Management Systems, Warehouse Control Systems and Transportation Management Systems
- Solving problems that have a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional processes, and difficult coordination requirements.
Industrial Engineering degree preferred. 1-3 years' related experience preferred.
- Creativity. Use creativity and ingenuity to design new production processes to reduce use of material resources, time, or labor.
- Critical-thinking skills. Create new systems to solve problems related to waste and inefficiency. Identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to the problems.
- Listening skills. Solicit feedback from customers, vendors, and production staff. Listen to customers fully grasp ideas and problems.
- Math skills. Use the principles of calculus, trigonometry, and other advanced topics in mathematics for analysis, design, and troubleshooting.
- Problem-solving skills. Design facilities and processes to manufacturer parts efficiently, effectively and at the most effective cost
- Speaking skills. Explain instructions to production staff or technicians before they can make written instructions available. Explain concepts clearly and quickly to prevent costly mistakes and loss of time.
- Writing skills. Industrial engineers must create documentation for other professionals or for future reference. The documentation must be coherent and explain their thinking clearly so that others can understand the information.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.