DescriptionThe Operations Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer will support a manufacturing team by implementing continuous improvement activities to create better process flow ensuring that goals and objectives for the organization will be met. The assisting of coordinating and facilitating process improvements will be a vital part of the role in order to make the impacts needed throughout manufacturing. Developing new procedures and creating work flow processes or standard manufacturing instructions for new product lines will also be a responsibility.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in technical discipline with 1-2 years of industrial or manufacturing engineering experience with a relevant manufacturing operation or combination of education, internship, and practical capabilities with a high potential to progress
- Ability to assist in cost, cycle time, and inventory reduction activities
- Analyze and assist with making improvements focus on manufacturing floor cell flow and space utilization
- Support Kaizen events, provide training and teaching to floor personnel, and perform necessary follow ups with appropriate colleagues within departments
- Conduct time studies and documents detailed work processes to accurately identify time-lines to complete steps within manufacturing processes
- Bachelors in chemical engineering with 2+ years of experience as a manufacturing/industrial engineer with polymer or composite based products experience
- Lead continuous improvement events
- Technically minded with good interpersonal skills and leadership traits
- Ability to help drive out waste(process flow time and material consumption/manufacturing mistakes)
- Have to create brand new standards and then get the floor personnel and engineering teams on board with the change
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.