The Industrial Engineering Intern helps provide assistance and direction to the operations department by developing processes, work instructions, test specifications, and increasing the overall efficiency of the processes. Works closely with others to design and develop robust procedures and practices. Helps to examine and determine what is needed to best ensure products are packed, shipped, and transported in a safe, secure, and cost-effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support preproduction planning activities, tracks performance to plan, and reports progress to ensure safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives are met.
- Support lean and 5S activities in order to improve product work flow, scheduling visibility, and to maintain a safe and orderly work area.
- Completes root cause and corrective actions related to safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Develops, maintains, and helps drive improvement of key performance indicators.
- Understands and is compliant with organization’s policies and procedures.
- Supports the organization’s policies and procedures, maintaining health/safety/hazardous materials regulatory compliance, and ensuring quality system requirements are met.
Education and Training
- Completed minimum of two years of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Classwork or study in Manufacturing Engineering Technology or a related field
- Demonstrated leadership in professional, service, or social organizations
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to [email protected] or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.