LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The position of Maintenance Technician includes multiple tasks that ultimately provide good manufacturing practices and on time delivery to the customer. This position will support all manufacturing maintenance activities in the facility and responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety standards and company policies.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Comply with all safety requirements resulting in zero safety violations. This includes participating in all safety related activities such as safety talks, behavioral based safety observations, audits, etc.
- Set up and operate electronic instrumentation and related electromechanical or electro hydraulic apparatus involved in testing of electrical, mechanical and fluid powered equipment
- Select, install, and calibrate instrumentation and circuitry
- Perform predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production
- Maintain accurate electronic work orders, timekeeping, and parts inventory system
- Maintain accurate records and provide analysis of data retrieved
- Analyze operating processes to help maximize efficiency and assist with manufacturing efficient machine operations
- Troubleshot manufacturing issues within a process, machine, or facility related
- Maintain a clean work environment
1. Minimum three years verifiable experience working in an industrial maintenance role of similar capacity at an industrial manufacturing facility, verifiable military experience, PLUS a certification/degree in at least one of the following:
- Industrial Electricity/motor controls or a state issued license
- Journeyman's Card (Electrical, Maintenance, Millwright)
- Welding certification (3G or 4G, preferably 6G
- Fluid Power Systems (Hydraulic and Pneumatic)
- Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering 2 year degree
2. Experience in troubleshooting PLC programs via computer
3. Proficient knowledge of preventative maintenance practices.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights
Must be able to stand a minimum of six hours
Must be able to work in tight, cramped spaces
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron