Brooksource is searching for an Associate Info Sec Application Analyst for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC for a 6-12-month contract to hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a recent Computer Science college graduate with a strong development background to get their foot in the door and excel within a small team.
This analyst will be responsible for the support, maintenance and development of IT Security Applications. This will include both software packages and custom-written applications.
Daily You Will:
- Have opportunities for both IT Support and project work
- Learn how to support each Enterprise Security application in order to effectively back up each team member
- Be part of a small, collaborative team of system administrators in Identity and Access Management software for both Corporate and NERC CIP environments
- Work in multiple platforms and technologies including Java, XML, webMethods, Oracle, SQL, Linux
- Debug, repair and enhance custom Java code
- Use an Agile methodology
- Support business customers in adhering to access standards via IAM Applications
- Ensure application development and support are aligned with IT standards and strategy
- Oversee vendor applications and patching
- Adhere to security requirements and processes to maintain highest level of protection for source code, secure interfaces, passwords, data, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Strong background and core coursework in Java or #C development
- Strong background and core coursework in SQL/relational database proficiency
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Can present information on technically complex subjects in an understandable manner in both oral and written form to senior management and any other necessary audience
- Eager and excited learned looking to grow current development and application support skills
- Report: Reporting Directly to the Sr. IT Manager
- Team Size: 4
- Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
- Hours: M-F 8-5, 40 hour weeks, no overtime, 1 week on-call every 9 weeks
- Location: Uptown Charlotte, NC
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.