SkillStorm is seeking a Informatica Developer for one of our clients in Jacksonville, FL.
Informatica Developers are responsible for development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions. Informatica Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications, participation in unit testing and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products. Informatica Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application. Informatica Developers are assigned to moderately complex development projects. An Informatica Developer will be well versed in data quality processes and data governance procedures to ensure data is fit for consumption.
- Create data profiles, write scripts, and develop workflows to support the data quality program.
- Perform data analysis to identify data quality issues for relational and non-relational data sources.
- Write code for moderately complex system designs. Write programs that span platforms. Code and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs.
- Review code developed by other IT Developers.
- Provide input to and drive programming standards.
- Provide input to the development of data quality standards rule for data quality dimensions.
- Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems. Identify integration points.
- Report missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystem to team members.
- Consult with other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Project Managers and vendors.
- “Scope” time, resources, etc., required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. May need assistance from other IT Developers and team members to debug more complex errors.
- Supports transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated. May require more coordination points for subsystems.
- Researches vendor products / alternatives. Conducts vendor product gap analysis / comparison.
- Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of IT development/programming/coding professional work experience with a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) toolset (Version 10.x preferred).
- Experience and understanding of unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Proficiency using versioning and deployment tools such as GitHub and Jenkins
- Thorough knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Flexible team player
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle such as Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Proficiency programming in more than one object oriented programming language, scripting language, and SQL language
- Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Office Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- Proficiency using debugging tools and job automation scheduling tools
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Proficiency using Informatica Data Quality and Informatica Big Data Quality tools which includes the ability to:
- Design, execute, and analyze profiling results
- Mastery of Informatica data transformation including transformation to support address standardization and hierarchical file structures
- Mapplet and mapping design and execution
- Data Quality exception management process using human task workflow
- Mastery of Informatica command line execution and WSDL configuration
- Job execution monitoring, debugging, and performance enhancements
- Knowledge of Informatica application and service architecture
- Repository configuration and management functions
- Healthcare, Insurance, or Financial Industry experience
- Ability to work with and knowledge of Big Data sets ranging from HIVE to HBASE
- Proficiency in IDQ development around data profiling, cleansing, parsing, standardization, verification, matching and data quality exception monitoring and handling
- Excellent knowledge on Informatica platform as a whole and the integration among different Informatica components and services
- Excellent data analysis and data profiling skills using Informatica Data Quality and Big Data Quality v10.2
- Good understanding of data governance principals and Informatica AXON v6.0
- Strong experience on data quality development process, issue management, and data remediation